Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 07-20-2018, 12:14 PM   #1
Mrs_Often
Wizard
Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Glo, Clara HD
Adding comments in Kobo eReader.conf file

Maybe a stupid question, but I don't recognise the language in the Kobo eReader.conf file and would like to add comments to it because I can't remember how some of the options work... Is it possible to add comments? Will comments need commenting out? With what character?

Thanks!
Mrs_Often is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2018, 10:12 PM   #2
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
It is the INI file format. I've never looked before, but the Wikipedia article says that semi-colons are used for comments. I'd expect this to work as they are probably using a library from somewhere. I rename entries a little bit if I want to turn them off. These stay in the file, so the comments will probably work.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-21-2018, 03:46 AM   #3
Mrs_Often
Wizard
Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
It is the INI file format. I've never looked before, but the Wikipedia article says that semi-colons are used for comments. I'd expect this to work as they are probably using a library from somewhere. I rename entries a little bit if I want to turn them off. These stay in the file, so the comments will probably work.

Interesting! Thank you lots!
Old 08-01-2018, 09:50 AM   #4
Mrs_Often
Wizard

Update: semi-colon is indeed the correct character for adding comments to the config file... TextWrangler also recognises it. Comments save correctly.

However, after the device restarts, all comments disappear (and new feature settings that were added at the same time as the comments are still present).

Oh well.

EDIT: I just noticed the NightMode mod also uses ini file type for the configuration file, and it is full of comments, commented out with the # character. So I used # in the Kobo eReader.config file and success!

Interesting: if I leave the ; before the #, everything after and including the ; gets deleted...

Last edited by Mrs_Often; 08-01-2018 at 10:15 AM.