Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 07-07-2018, 03:58 PM   #1
gsd2012
gsd2012 began at the beginning.

Device: nonne
Title or Author Correction via Reg Ex??

Ok I feel this is going to be a manual process but I will see any smart members know a better way.

Ok say I have two books one epub and other mobi with the below:

book title - words
book title: words

or

book title - words
book title - WORDS

Some times the same format with two different names maybe off by like a character or capital letter.

So when you use Dup finder under similar titles and same author it shows them. Is there a way to use bulk rename to make all the titles the same so they can be merged by copying them into a temp library? I tried to copy them over but it looks at the same book as two because the titles are different.

Its a pain to have to do almost 500 books manually just looking to see if there is a way using some Reg Exp I maybe missing.

I have run into this with Authors too where you have it like below:

Tony Creighton & Aron Wingazer
Aron Wingazer & Tony Creighton

or

Brian C. Brown
Brian C Brown

Last part of this question:

Some titles and authors show up as all CAPS now I know I can get highlight all of them and bulkrename using "title" format on Titles which does work sometimes but in some cases it does not change it to the correct "title" format leaving the all CAPS. Now with Authors I can go into Authors and do them one at a time but is there a way to highlight them all and fix them at once? I see this issue with TAGs too but not so worried about those too much.

Will any help would be great...thanks
gsd2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2018, 04:20 PM   #2
DaltonST
Deviser
DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Use the Quality Fix plug-in to standardize all of your Authors' initials formats all at once. You can choose between A.B. Smith, A. B. Smith, and A B Smith.

Use Bulk Metadata Edit to "titlecase" all of your titles at once.

DaltonST
DaltonST is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-07-2018, 08:30 PM   #3
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
the actual name is Quality Check Plugin
be sure to configure the rule for 'initials'

Find those with problems under : Check Metadata: Check Author Initials.
Select all (assumes search mode only shows problems)
Use Fix: Author initials

Also standardize Fn Ln or Ln,Fn
There are checks and fixes for those
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2018, 11:47 PM   #4
gsd2012

Awesome thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaltonST View Post
Use the Quality Fix plug-in to standardize all of your Authors' initials formats all at once. You can choose between A.B. Smith, A. B. Smith, and A B Smith.

DaltonST
Old 07-08-2018, 12:10 AM   #5
gsd2012

Thanks I will check that out. Just wish there was a way to make all the title the same. Some have : and other use - it is the same in wording just symbols they used are different.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post

Advert
Old 07-08-2018, 04:17 PM   #6
gsd2012

Ok the Check Author Initials worked great but I see there is a Check Authors for Case which is does well but there is no direct fix for Authors in all Cap. Seems like that should be an option.

Quote:

Old 07-08-2018, 04:19 PM   #7
gsd2012

Ok the TitleCase works on some but there are others that just stays in all Caps no big deal I can do those one by one. Only issue is some titles have say a : in the title while another with exact same title uses a - instead of a : any plugin to set them the same?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaltonST View Post

DaltonST
Old 07-08-2018, 06:45 PM   #8
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsd2012 View Post
Ok the TitleCase works on some but there are others that just stays in all Caps no big deal I can do those one by one. Only issue is some titles have say a : in the title while another with exact same title uses a - instead of a : any plugin to set them the same?
With Case changing (not just Calibre), I found the you must LOWER the target, then make a second pass to the desired case.
;bulb: Always start from LOWER
Old 07-08-2018, 07:51 PM   #9
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
With Case changing (not just Calibre), I found the you must LOWER the target, then make a second pass to the desired case.

I suspect the case changers must all be based on the same algorithm, IIRC I first struck the issue on OS/360 so maybe we can blame IBM.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2018, 11:07 PM   #10
theducks
Well trained by Cats

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post

I suspect the case changers must all be based on the same algorithm, IIRC I first struck the issue on OS/360 so maybe we can blame IBM.

BR
I firs ran into this with Paradox DOS 2.0. String routines seem to be quirky.
I was trying to programmatically fix names like 'McKnight' ( from Mcknight), Jones Iii (s/b Jones III )
Various string tools were all case insensitive.
Old 07-09-2018, 09:44 AM   #11
DaltonST
Deviser
DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Now that you know and have tried the Standard Calibre way, try this plug-in:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...75077#poststop

See the attached image.

DaltonST
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	js_quality_fixes_apply_manually.jpg
Views:	114
Size:	1.09 MB
ID:	164956  
DaltonST is offline   Reply With Quote