Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 04-18-2018, 06:41 PM   #1
sogaiu
Addict
sogaiu can decode base 64 without using a pencil.sogaiu can decode base 64 without using a pencil.sogaiu can decode base 64 without using a pencil.sogaiu can decode base 64 without using a pencil.sogaiu can decode base 64 without using a pencil.sogaiu can decode base 64 without using a pencil.sogaiu can decode base 64 without using a pencil.sogaiu can decode base 64 without using a pencil.sogaiu can decode base 64 without using a pencil.sogaiu can decode base 64 without using a pencil.sogaiu can decode base 64 without using a pencil.

Device: none
Max 2 and Alternative Stylus

Saw this thread about Wacom pen use for Max 2:

For different purposes, got a Bamboo Tip and it turns out to almost work for the Max 2. Wasn't able to sketch in the Note app, but ordinary Android UI interactions appear ok (e.g. touching of buttons).

Also had access to an old Galaxy Note 2 stylus which appears fully functional.

IIUC, both of these are from Wacom.

Anyone else tried other options?

Last edited by sogaiu; 04-18-2018 at 07:37 PM. Reason: Discovered that the Bamboo Tip doesn't quite work fully
sogaiu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2018, 12:23 AM   #2
bsnick
Zealot
bsnick began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx M96+, T68+, Max2, YP2, HiSense A2 Pro
I can verify that the samsung stylus' seem to work. I tried one from the first Note phone, and another from the Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 edition.

Another option: the stylus for the Alldocube Mix Plus 2-in-1 tablet which also has an eraser that works! There's a third button that enables select in Windows, but not sure yet if it does anything on the Max 2

Last edited by bsnick; 04-19-2018 at 12:25 AM.
bsnick is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-19-2018, 03:37 AM   #3
sogaiu
Addict
sogaiu can decode base 64 without using a pencil.sogaiu can decode base 64 without using a pencil.sogaiu can decode base 64 without using a pencil.sogaiu can decode base 64 without using a pencil.sogaiu can decode base 64 without using a pencil.sogaiu can decode base 64 without using a pencil.sogaiu can decode base 64 without using a pencil.sogaiu can decode base 64 without using a pencil.sogaiu can decode base 64 without using a pencil.sogaiu can decode base 64 without using a pencil.sogaiu can decode base 64 without using a pencil.

Device: none
Working eraser functionality sounds great!

Unfortunately, it doesn't look like pressing the button on the Note 2 stylus has any effect
sogaiu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2018, 09:23 AM   #4
Perry R
Perry R began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox Max2
I use the Bamboo stylus for the Samsung Note. It works fine but, no erasure.
Perry R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 07:23 AM   #5
nneo
nneo began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Book T76ML Carta+
Just bought an Adonit Pro 3 and works perfectly on my Boox T76ML

Note: don't buy their powered stylus like Dash, it's garbage.

Last edited by nneo; 05-16-2018 at 07:27 AM.
nneo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-16-2018, 10:40 AM   #6
Sitka
Sitka juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseSitka juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseSitka juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseSitka juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseSitka juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseSitka juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseSitka juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseSitka juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseSitka juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseSitka juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseSitka juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercise

Device: Boox Max 2
This Thinkpad digitizer pen works well. It has both a button and an eraser, and the one that I got years ago came with a "flex" nib (see this article on Wacom nibs).

However, the stylus that shipped with my Max 2 seems better at creating varying line widths by tilting the pen.

The HP Zbook X2 pen also is fully functional (with eraser). Mine came in a package with a nice case, nib remover, 4 spare plastic nibs, and 6 fiber nibs.

FYI, the approximate diameters of the nibs on these pens is as follows:
Max 2 nib 1.54 mm (tip), 0.84 mm (shaft)
Thinkpad nib 1.30 mm
Zbook X2 nib 1.52 mm (tip), 0.95 mm (shaft)

Last edited by Sitka; 05-24-2018 at 11:33 AM. Reason: added Zbook X2 info
Sitka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2018, 03:15 AM   #7
Randy11
Wizard
Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung EB60, Onyx M92, Onyx Max2
I've posted in the wrong thread, this is the link : https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...53&postcount=5
Randy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2019, 02:20 AM   #8
H.Bollion
H.Bollion began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx boox Max2 pro
Hi I wanted to share my experience.
I have a Onyx Boox Max2 pro version, where I also was looking for an alternative stylus. I would have been great that I had a stylus which I can use for my microsoft surface as well.
After reading some threads, I've purchased the Adonit mini stylus, which they claimed to write on "any" tablet kind.

I've tested it:
- Microsoft Surface : works very good
- Samsung S9+: works very good
- Max2 pro: doesn't work :-(

so I anybody has still handling the same question, I've tested it...
if anybody else has a better idea, I'm eager to know!

best regards

H.
H.Bollion is offline   Reply With Quote