Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 03-03-2018, 03:34 PM   #1
Webscratcher
Webscratcher began at the beginning.

Device: none
Question Adding books with tags in the filename

Hello everyone,

I currently use Ubootquity to basically stream my comics/mangas (stored as cbz) to my android device to simply save storage on it.

The reason I'm asking for help here is that I want to move all my comics/mangas to Calibre since this software can categorize its books by tags (A feature still missing within Ubooquity).

The problem I have is, since the feature is missing on Ubooquity, I made myself a workaround in which I stored most important tags within the file name itself.

That way I could search for a single tag and find every comic/manga that would fit that description.
Thing is I can only search for one tag since if I would try to search for more than one it would be treated as a single search and wouldn't return anything.

To give an example on how I stored all my comics/mangas (which by now are a good hand full) up until now:

Code:
Title of the Comic [Tag 1] [Tag 2] [Tag 3].cbz
After digging around within Calibre I found that it uses expressions to search for the book name, author and so on within the filename if (I'm assuming) no metadata is pressend for it.

My question is, is there a way to configure Calibre to add each of the tags I stored in my filename to the metadata which is created during import?

I was hopping for something that identifies the brackets as individual tags and then adds them accordingly.

Thanks in advance for your answers
Webscratcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2018, 04:28 PM   #2
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
You could do what you want by wrangling the existing file names into something amenable to the use of the calibredb add command.

BTW - calibre does not search on the file names, it uses a SQLLIte database (metadata.db) you'll find one within every calibre library folder.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
filename, import to calibre, regular expressions, tags