Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 01-29-2018, 07:40 PM   #1
arooni
Addict
arooni began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 4 (2018)
Only way to transfer .kfx files ==> Paperwhite is from calibre?

Just checking.

KFX is the superior format but it is a bit annoying to plug into the USB port each time I want a book. Just was curious if there was an easier way on both stock and rooted kindles.

I guess on a rooted reader, KOReader might be able to support epubs better than my stock Kindle does (not at all).

Any chance of a 5.8.X root for the PW2?

Grab bag of questions
arooni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2018, 06:22 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
I don't think you'll find many people who will agree with your assertion that KFX is a superior format, but everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

No, Calibre certainly isn't the only way to get a KFX file onto your Kindle. Most books that you download from Amazon these days will be in KFX format.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-30-2018, 07:03 PM   #3
arooni
Addict
arooni began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 4 (2018)
well best format for use on my PW2 I should have added that caveat.

and besides calibre / usb cable no way to transfer KFX files that i have on my computer ?
arooni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2018, 02:37 PM   #4
shamanNS
Guru
shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW5, Kobo Libra 2, Kindle PW1
Without jailbreak there is no alternative to USB transfer.
shamanNS is offline   Reply With Quote