Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 01-08-2018, 03:00 PM   #1
Richwood
Astronomy Nut
Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle (All), Kobo (Multiple), Sony (most) and Nook Glowlight Plus
Russian Hacked PRS-950?

A Sony PRS-950 just arrived from Canada, sold by a Russian based on the seller's name. Looks like it has been hacked to make it more Russian compatible as my other Sony 950 does not offer Russian as a menu language or keyboard choice and this one offers it for both. IMO an interesting reader variation. It still has all the normal language choices too.

Looks like the battery has been replaced as it arrived with the battery well up in charge after 13 days en route in the mail. Topping it up to see how it does for me. Other than some worn finish on the page forward button it appears to be in practically new condition and includes the factory case.

Last edited by Richwood; 01-08-2018 at 03:47 PM.
Richwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2018, 05:58 PM   #2
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richwood View Post
Looks like the battery has been replaced as it arrived with the battery well up in charge after 13 days en route in the mail. Topping it up to see how it does for me. Other than some worn finish on the page forward button it appears to be in practically new condition and includes the factory case.
Sounds cool. Eventually I hope to find a 650 and 950. Not in a huge hurry, though.
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-09-2018, 06:48 PM   #3
Richwood
Astronomy Nut
Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle (All), Kobo (Multiple), Sony (most) and Nook Glowlight Plus
Per the seller the battery is original but seems to be in very good condition for it's age. Based on two I have the PRS-350 battery seems to last longer.
Richwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 10:13 PM   #4
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richwood View Post
Per the seller the battery is original but seems to be in very good condition for it's age. Based on two I have the PRS-350 battery seems to last longer.
It looks like I lucked into a PRS-950 at ShopGoodwill. I won't know if it works yet or not but it came with a Nook Color, and two other tablets (one with a keyboard case) for not much (tablets aren't "much" either). Apparently the Goodwill store in question didn't want to go through the trouble to test these. So they just sold these as a lot in "as is," "for repair or parts" condition.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	950.JPG
Views:	319
Size:	37.8 KB
ID:	161445   Click image for larger version

Name:	950b.JPG
Views:	319
Size:	37.6 KB
ID:	161446  

Last edited by rcentros; 01-11-2018 at 10:21 PM. Reason: Added image
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote