Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 01-05-2018, 10:42 AM   #1
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Jail break(s) for Touch Screen devices

Touch Screen devices: K5 (original Kindle touch) through all devices more recent.
NON-Touch Screen devices: K4 (K4NT) and other, older devices with a physical keyboard.

So if you have the original "Kindle (Basic)", also known as the K4 or a Kindle with a physical keyboard, this thread topic is not intended for your device.

Look at the firmware version your Kindle is running (shown in the "Device Info" panel, which is part of "settings");
If the very first digit of the firmware version is anything other than 5, this thread topic is not intended for your device.

= = = = = = = = = = = = =

Due to the maintenance problems with the forum jail break instructions, the jail break instructions are moving to the Wiki.

The first example is the one created by coplate:
https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/5_x_Jailbreak

The reason is that anyone can maintain the wiki page(s).

The second example was the one I created, for the (currently beta test) KOA2 jailbreak.
It was not only an example of jail break instructions in the wiki, but I went to the extreme of find the tools to tie a leading document processor (LyX) to producing both MediaWiki output (for our Wiki) and being able to store the file(s) master on a public GitHub repository.
See:
https://github.com/knc1/KOA2_Jailbreak
(specifically, the notes in Content.txt)

Note that I wrote WAS.
It no longer is:
https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/MyTestPage

The moderator responsible, who is not an active member of any of our technical forums, misread the page title and page content, thinking that the PAGE was experimental and deleted it.
It was the PROCEDURE described that was experimental, not the PAGE.
But not being an active member of this forum, it did not occur to that moderator to PM me about that page.
It also did not occur to the moderator to use the associated "talk" page to discuss what he saw as a rules violation.

He just unilaterally deleted it.

And since it is against the site guide lines to discuss a moderation action in public, you can expect this post/thread to disappear as soon as a moderator finds it.

Quite possibly along with my being permanently banned from the site.
(Which is one of the greatest gifts anyone could give me, because I own 13 web sites of my own, I really don't need this place sucking away my life's blood.)
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 10:52 PM   #2
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
The first example is the one created by coplate:
https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/5_x_Jailbreak[/COLOR]
Thanks. Since I have three Kindle Touches (currently) I'm thinking of jail breaking one. I've bookmarked the wiki page.
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert