Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 12-12-2017, 11:40 PM   #1
proctorius
proctorius began at the beginning.

Device: Galaxy tab 2 pro
Fix commas in author FROM author_sort

Hello,

Before people go bananas; I'm a Calibre n00b. Yes, I have read the manual, and yes I have searched and read forum posts. I've found lots about this, but no clear explanation regarding how to do what I want to do (probably because the questions posted about it were patently unclear, and thus the responses were not terribly helpful).

So, here is my query:

I have many, many documents that I have collected over the last two decades which I use for my research (philosophy). I want to use calibre to manage them, and it's amazing. My only hitch is that about 90% of my documents imported with the

author field: LN, FN

and the

author_sort field: LN, FN

What I would like to know is if there is a way to automagically bulk-edit change this to

author field: FN LN

and the

author sort field: LN, FN

There is a button to go from author FN LN to author_sort LN, FN in the bulk edit, but not the reverse.

Any help?
proctorius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2017, 12:22 AM   #2
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Try the Quality Check plugin. It has function to look for these and fix them.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-13-2017, 01:43 PM   #3
proctorius
proctorius began at the beginning.

Device: Galaxy tab 2 pro
Thank you! I will try it!
proctorius is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
author, author_sort, bulk edit, commas