Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 09-10-2017, 07:02 PM   #1
mrwrite
Enthusiast
mrwrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrwrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrwrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrwrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrwrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrwrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrwrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrwrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrwrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrwrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrwrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook
I miss half.com

The owners of half.com (ebay) closed the service on the first of September.

(They have a FAQ HERE.)

I know about the listings on abebooks.com, alibris.com and biblio.com. What other sites list books sold by other vendors? Do any still allow individuals to sell books on the site (besides ebay)?
bookfinder.com does list sites where books can be found, but it is not a bookseller.
mrwrite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2017, 07:11 PM   #2
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrwrite View Post
What other sites list books sold by other vendors? Do any still allow individuals to sell books on the site (besides ebay)?
Amazon, B&N and Books A Million all have marketplaces where there are many sellers.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-10-2017, 09:31 PM   #3
Hemmi
Grand Sorcerer
Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sonys, Nooks, Kobo Libra, Forma, Mini, Paperwhite
I didn't know that Half.com closed. That was my go-to site for used books. I've sold on there in the past because it was so easy and no listing fees. Just list and let it sit until someone bought it.
Hemmi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 02:14 AM   #4
mrwrite
Enthusiast
mrwrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrwrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrwrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrwrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrwrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrwrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrwrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrwrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrwrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrwrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrwrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook
I have spent the evening searching for other sites to buy books at a discount.

A few disappointments.

Mybookmonkey.com: Requires ISBN for a search. It cannot search by title or author.

Chegg.com: Virtually everything is only for rent.

Bookbyte.com: Out of stock on so many. Mainly Textbooks.

BooksRun.com: Nearly all books link to amazon.com to purchase.

A few that I will be looking into further.

bookstores.com
They sell books, movies, and games.

valorebooks.com
Lots of book titles of all genres. Even blogs on college life.

textbookrush.com
Books and movies. Not just textbooks but lots more, like
"DC Comics: Wonder Woman Coloring Book."

Last edited by mrwrite; 09-11-2017 at 02:20 AM.
mrwrite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 07:28 PM   #5
Hemmi
Grand Sorcerer
Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I've bought before from betterworldbooks.com. It's kind of hit an miss though on what they have.
Advert
Old 09-14-2017, 04:12 PM   #6
library addict
Grand Sorcerer
library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7 2, Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8" (retired=Sony PRS650, Kobo Mini)
There's also thriftbooks.com

It's not by vendors (they simply have multiple warehouses), but the condition of the books for sale is stated and if you are shipped something wrong, the company has good customer service to fix it.
library addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2017, 04:30 PM   #7
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemmi View Post
I didn't know that Half.com closed. That was my go-to site for used books. I've sold on there in the past because it was so easy and no listing fees. Just list and let it sit until someone bought it.
You can do the same at Amazon. I've sold literally hundreds of books at Amazon.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2017, 07:43 PM   #8
Hemmi
Grand Sorcerer

Yeah, all well and good but I don't use Amazon for anything.
Old 09-14-2017, 10:46 PM   #9
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
That is of course your choice to make. Just pointing out that they provide the service you're looking for.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote