Device: Kobo Aura 1st Edition
Post Removing Series In Title [Batch]

So, I have a Calibre library with book titles like this:

Series: Index) BookName

as well as:

Series: Index: BookName

and some (very few):

BookName

I cannot find a way to completely remove the series and index so that the book name is easily readable on my Kobo. (I have recently discovered a plugin that allows me to send the series over as well, so this removes the need for the series in title)

I found the metadata plugboards, however, I cannot get this to work, mainly because I cannot figure out how to interpret the different tag after Index, and thus have not figured out a code to do either.

me please.
Modelmat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2017, 08:55 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Modelmat View Post
So, I have a Calibre library with book titles like this:

Series: Index) BookName

as well as:

Series: Index: BookName

and some (very few):

BookName

I cannot find a way to completely remove the series and index so that the book name is easily readable on my Kobo. (I have recently discovered a plugin that allows me to send the series over as well, so this removes the need for the series in title)

I found the metadata plugboards, however, I cannot get this to work, mainly because I cannot figure out how to interpret the different tag after Index, and thus have not figured out a code to do either.

me please.
Just to be clear.
Your Calibre Library TITLE column has series info

You can use BULK mode Metadata edit to (re)move data in mass (selected records)
ALWAYS Backup you Library (folder) before starting. THERE IS NO UNDO.

I suggest making a test library and practicing.
You work on one (source) field at a time and optionally, select a different destination field.
There is a TEST section, keep at the pattern until you see EXACT results.

Now to the Template Language (there is a section in Help)

{ } is a calibre fields contents
Stuff outside is a Literal (unless it is a Program code)
{title} - {series} the <space>-<space> the literal between the title and series.
This template is used in the Plugboard, send to device or Folder and even some places in Bulk metadata edit
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-03-2021, 09:34 PM   #3
Modelmat
Modelmat began at the beginning.

Finally got round to this - (lol)

I did a bulk metadata edit with regular expression of `.*: (\d|\d.\d)\)` and then just replaced it with nothing.

That seems to work fine, aside from a couple which had special characters in the series name.
Old 12-03-2021, 09:35 PM   #4
Modelmat
Modelmat began at the beginning.

Finally managed to get around to doing this - lol.

I just did a bulk metadata search and used the regular expression

Code:
.*: (\d|\d\.\d)\)
and replaced with nothing.

This worked fine except for where there were special characters (' etc)

Not quite sure how the templates were supposed to work in the search.
Old 12-04-2021, 03:43 AM   #5
un_pogaz
Chalut o/
un_pogaz understands the importance of being earnest.un_pogaz understands the importance of being earnest.un_pogaz understands the importance of being earnest.un_pogaz understands the importance of being earnest.un_pogaz understands the importance of being earnest.un_pogaz understands the importance of being earnest.un_pogaz understands the importance of being earnest.un_pogaz understands the importance of being earnest.un_pogaz understands the importance of being earnest.un_pogaz understands the importance of being earnest.un_pogaz understands the importance of being earnest.

Device: Kobo
To make your life easier in the future, I recommend Mass Search/Replace plugin, which will allow you to launch in 1 click this cleaning.
un_pogaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
batch, renaming