Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 06-22-2017, 02:33 PM   #1
DreamWriter
Books are brain food.
DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite · Fire HD6/HD8/HD10 · Galaxy Tab A7
Amazon Prime Wardrobe

Coming soon: Amazon Prime Wardrobe
DreamWriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2017, 03:33 PM   #2
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
What's next? Amazon Prime Bathing.
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-22-2017, 03:40 PM   #3
Deskisamess
Wizard
Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 7+, iPad mini, 2021 iPad Pro 12.9",Paperwhite 6.8"
I rarely buy clothes from Amazon because of Return issues. This could help, but it's only going to be high end brands.

Time will tell.
Deskisamess is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2017, 04:35 PM   #4
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
Isn't this basically a rip-off of Trunk Club?

On the one hand, I feel bad that Amazon is squashing a business before it really has a chance on its own. On the other, it's not a service I'll likely use, so I guess I have no say.
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2017, 04:55 PM   #5
DreamWriter
Books are brain food.
DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Oops! See my post below.

Last edited by DreamWriter; 06-22-2017 at 05:11 PM.
Advert
Old 06-22-2017, 05:10 PM   #6
DreamWriter
Books are brain food.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinisajoy View Post
What's next? Amazon Prime Bathing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZodWallop View Post
Isn't this basically a rip-off of Trunk Club?

On the one hand, I feel bad that Amazon is squashing a business before it really has a chance on its own. On the other, it's not a service I'll likely use, so I guess I have no say.
The concept is similar, but not quite the same.

For one, Trunk Club is a Nordstrom Company, which means "expensive" to me. And I don't need (or want) the services of a "stylist" since I'm retired and wear shorts almost year-round. Amazon's prices for shoes, clothing, and accessories are more reasonable and the selection more extensive (over a million items).

Also, you get 10% off with Amazon Prime Wardrobe if you keep three or four items and 20% off five items or more.

That said, I'm not likely to use Amazon Prime Wardrobe myself. I rarely buy new clothes or shoes. As it is now, clothing and shoe returns are usually free on those items sold directly by Amazon.com anyway: https://www.amazon.com/Free-Returns-...ode=8622296011. I may consider it if I want to buy a bunch of clothing at one time, though. It might be an especially good option for those with transportation or mobility challenges, people in rural locations, or for back-to-school clothing.

Last edited by DreamWriter; 06-23-2017 at 01:25 PM.
Old 06-22-2017, 06:22 PM   #7
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
This is something I could actually imagine using, depending on what they offer. I've seen athletic shoes and casual flats sometimes that tempt me, but have hesitated because it's so hard to know how they'll fit. If they include shoes and returns are really easy, I'd sure consider buying shoes--especially if my local Payless closes.

There are also things like T-shirts, leggings, etc. that I'd be more likely to buy from Amazon with an easy return process.
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2017, 06:48 PM   #8
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Is yarn considered clothing?
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2017, 06:56 PM   #9
Deskisamess
Wizard
Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 7+, iPad mini, 2021 iPad Pro 12.9",Paperwhite 6.8"
"At launch, you can find items from brands like Calvin Klein, Levi's, Adidas, Timex, Carter's, Theory, Hugo Boss, Lacoste, J Brand, Milly, Parker, and more."

I'll be curious to see if any mainline lower cost brands are involved.
Deskisamess is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2017, 07:01 PM   #10
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamWriter View Post
since I'm retired and wear shorts almost year-round.
Huh. You sure don't live in New Hampshire.
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2017, 07:10 PM   #11
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post
Huh. You sure don't live in New Hampshire.
I think he lives in Hades. Oops Texas. It just feels like Hades.
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2017, 07:25 PM   #12
Wearever
Wizard
Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2,Voyage, Kindlle hdx 8.9, Ipad mini 4. Air 2
This might help with returns for clothing and footwear, they won't hold it against you and count as too many returns ?
Wearever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2017, 09:10 PM   #13
barryem
Wizard
barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite 4
Actually this isn't something new with Amazon, although they do seem to be organizing it in a different way. I saw Jeff Bezos in an interview discuss this several years ago. He suggested customers by several sizes of clothes or shoes and return the ones they weren't happy with. He said Amazon encourages that. I've done that with house shoes a couple of times.

The only thing that seems to be different here is that there's a 7 day return period and they've simplified, or so it seems, the return procedure. It wasn't difficult before but we had 30 days in the past and the process wasn't as simple as they made it look in the video.

Barry
barryem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2017, 12:19 AM   #14
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Moved to the Lounge because this has nothing to do with MR's areas of interest.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2017, 12:48 AM   #15
jswinden
Nameless Being

I've been buying clothing from Amazon for quite a while. I haven't had to return anything though. Mind you I buy things like t-shirts, underwear, shoes, casual wear shirts, and pants. But I almost always buy brands I'm familiar with and know which sizes fit me. Basically I buy clothing like that available at Walmart, but it certainly beats having to browse in Walmart.

And I second the thought that living in Texas in summer is a lot like hell. Hot enough to fry eggs on the sidewalks. The middle of July through the middle of August is horrible. The rest of summer is slightly more tolerable.