Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 06-06-2017, 02:34 PM   #1
Knurr
Knurr began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle App for Android
Books not showing until restart (Kindle App for Android)

Hello everyone!

I already posted this question in the Kindle Forum and was told to also try here

I'm using the Kindle App for Android and have been for years. For the books I don't buy directly from Amazon I use Calibre to convert and send to my Galaxy S7. With my old phones this worked fine but ever since I got the new one, I have to restart my device before any of the books I sent from Calibre to the Kindle App show up.
If I put the books in the kindle folder (on my phone) manually, the same thing happens. No books until restart.
To clarify, the Kindle app syncs but the books don't show up before I restart my phone. After a while this gets very annoying. Is there a way that will make them show up without the restart? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Knurr
Knurr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2017, 05:34 AM   #2
SimonMayers
SimonMayers began at the beginning.

Device: smartphone
Try changing the view from My Books to All Items. Books transferred from Calibre to Kindle appear as 'documents' by default not 'books'.
driving directions maps
SimonMayers is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-28-2017, 08:44 AM   #3
BilK
BilK began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire HD7
I've given up on the Kindle app--Worked fine for years, but then started having the 'doesn't find books until a restart' problem. Now it doesn't seem to find any sideloaded books even after a restart.

I'm thinking that Kindle is getting better at filtering out books that aren't downloaded from their cloud.
BilK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2017, 07:18 PM   #4
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knurr View Post
Hello everyone!

I already posted this question in the Kindle Forum and was told to also try here

I'm using the Kindle App for Android and have been for years. For the books I don't buy directly from Amazon I use Calibre to convert and send to my Galaxy S7. With my old phones this worked fine but ever since I got the new one, I have to restart my device before any of the books I sent from Calibre to the Kindle App show up.
If I put the books in the kindle folder (on my phone) manually, the same thing happens. No books until restart.
To clarify, the Kindle app syncs but the books don't show up before I restart my phone. After a while this gets very annoying. Is there a way that will make them show up without the restart? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Knurr
Use a different reader for sideloaded books.
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote