Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 05-29-2017, 01:57 PM   #1
Katja_hbg
Groupie
Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.

Device: Kobo Glo HD (landscape), Kobo Aura One
EPUB Catalogs with plain text

I know this is an old thread and it seems nobody is working on the catalog feature anymore, but I have the same issue as documented above ... only for epub format ... I like to ask shether there is a solution/patch as well.

In section_list_templates.py I added {comment} in the author section. The epub catalog shows the html tags around the text instead of the plain text only.
Katja_hbg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2017, 05:58 PM   #2
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Moderator Notice
@Katja-hbg - I moved this to its own thread because
  • the thread you posted to was about CSV catalogs,
  • you have a problem with EPUB catalogs.
  • the original problem reported was due to 'user malfunction'
  • and it was ancient.
You might want to edit your post to restate your problem.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-05-2017, 01:02 PM   #3
Katja_hbg
Groupie
Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.

Device: Kobo Glo HD (landscape), Kobo Aura One
I found a solution for my specific design for a catalog. Please find here some more details than only my workaround as I like the catalog function and hope I can help to encourage others to use it with getting their ideas solved.

If you don't know anything about catalog in calibre read this:
https://manual.calibre-ebook.com/catalogs.html
If you like to adjust more follow this: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=118556

My final catalog should cover some specific information for each book. The focus is on the content than on the design.

In the catalog dialog I select EPUB with Option: author and genres (being tags).
To get a marker in front of each book prefix is "+" for read-pct being "any" and "-" for read-pct "undefined".

My custom column #cataloginfo concatenate e.g. download-date, number of pages, read-date and own rating, ...
My custom column #commentshort contain beginning of #mycomment resp. metadata-comment.

In the ...\resources\catalog\section_list_templates.py some rows are updated to the following:
# Books by Author
by_authors_normal_title_template = '{title} ; {#cataloginfo}'
by_authors_series_title_template = '[{series_index}] {title} ; {#cataloginfo}'
# Books by Genre
by_genres_normal_title_template = '{title} ; {#cataloginfo}; {#commentshort}'
by_genres_series_title_template = '[{series_index}] {title} ; {#cataloginfo}; {#commentshort}'

All looks and works well after creating the catalog beside that the comment is showing html tags e.g. <p>.

To solve this goto Preferences -> Advanced -> Template functions and enter
function: my_html2text with Arg count: 1 and Program code: (pay attention to the spaces)
def evaluate(self, formatter, kwargs, mi, locals, text):
from calibre.utils.html2text import html2text
return html2text(text)

#commentshort adjusted to:
{#mycomment:'test(field('#mycomment'), ' {#mycomment:.100}', ' KLAPPENTEXT: {comment:.300:my_html2text()}' )'}

Now it looks as I like. Nevertheless it is a workaround and I really hope that someone take over the good work started by GRiker.
Katja_hbg is offline   Reply With Quote