Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 05-25-2017, 06:59 AM   #1
costanzofab
costanzofab began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura One
TOC problem with my new Tolino

Hello everyone, I'm new. I'm sorry for my bad english but I really need your help. I've just bought a Tolino Vision 4 HD, and I'm using Calibre to organise all my epubs and convert them. The problem is that I can't use the index on a few ebooks... I mean, most of them work great, but others make the ereader very slow and they haven't got the TOC (even though I can see it on Calibre). My old PW can handle them perfectly. On Calibre, I compared a good epub with another one wich has issues...can you tell me the exact difference, so I can convert them properly? (I attached a screenshot)
Another strange fact is that I tried to open the epub on Sigil and then to export it to the Tolino's directory and it works.
Thank you,
Fabrizio
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot.PNG
Views:	220
Size:	137.8 KB
ID:	156968  
costanzofab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2017, 12:06 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Do an EPUB to EPUB conversion, that usually fixes issues that tend to trip up device firmware. It's impossible to say what in particular your Tolino doesn't like, without extensive testing. Only the developers of its firmware can do that.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-28-2017, 05:08 PM   #3
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Another suggestion befor doing an ePub > ePub conversion is check the ePub with Calibre's eBook editor and also check with epubcheck and fix any errors found in both checkers. Then see if it works.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote