Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 03-29-2017, 10:10 PM   #1
onthetopo
onthetopo began at the beginning.

Device: Boox Max
Onyx Boox Max not found in ADB DEVICES

Hi I have tried a whole bunch of solutions online and checked everything.
Including

1.installing ADB driver through Android SDK, which has the following ID on inf file(default)
Driver Management concluded the process to install driver android_winusb.inf_amd64_bd75d06c56998078\android_ winusb.inf for Device Instance ID USB\VID_18D1&PID_0D02\0123456789ABCDEF with the following status: 0x0.

2.The usb cable works: when I plug in my cell phone, adb devices works well, but just not on my Onyx .
3.The Onyx Boox Max usb developper mode is on
4.Once USB cable is connected, I clicked cancel to the question of if to turn on usb storage.
5.I've also tried uninstalling my cellphone software and drivers on PC, fearing interefence.
6.The onyx boox can also works fine as a storage device when I enable USB storage [of course disabled during 'adb devices' command]
7.Newest onyx boox max firmware released 2017 Jan 8.
8.Windows device manager shows it without a yellow question mark
9.I have unsintalled all junk adb drivers from cellphones etc, and using the most official android SDK one.

Still, adb devices shows nothing [ie., List of devices attached : blank], I can't think of anything to solve the problem

Could anyone tell me how to have make onyx boox max show up on "adb device" command?

I am using win10 x64

Last edited by onthetopo; 03-29-2017 at 11:01 PM.
onthetopo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 11:15 PM   #2
onthetopo

I'm trying to get the onyx boox max to work as an eink 2nd monitor for my laptop.
Advert
Old 03-29-2017, 11:17 PM   #3
nahte
Enthusiast
nahte began at the beginning.

Device: none
Try below app to see if it can connect through adb:
http://mir.wandoujia.com/getwdj/homepage_
nahte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 11:23 PM   #4
onthetopo

No. I've tried multiple versions of adb.exe as well. the device just doesn't show up in adb, but is present in windows device manager.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nahte View Post
Try below app to see if it can connect through adb:
http://mir.wandoujia.com/getwdj/homepage_
Old 03-30-2017, 12:59 AM   #5
onthetopo

I also tried to install LibUSB-win32. through unsigned driver reboot in windows 10, install is successful but adb device is still blank...

Last edited by onthetopo; 03-30-2017 at 01:08 AM.
Advert
Old 03-30-2017, 03:42 AM   #6
nahte
Enthusiast

You may also try
http://www.mobogenie.com/

This will use adb.
Old 03-30-2017, 04:55 AM   #7
ist
ist began at the beginning.

Device: Hanlin v3
Is your ADB installation able to recognize any other (than Max) Android device?
ist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2017, 03:09 PM   #8
onthetopo

Yes.

And thanks for the mobogenie suggestion, how do I install driver through mobogeinie? It just keep saying connecting your usb cable in the toolkit window and does nothing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ist View Post
Is your ADB installation able to recognize any other (than Max) Android device?
Old 03-31-2017, 07:23 PM   #9
onthetopo

Thanks, neither Wandoujia nor mobogenie can detect this device, just keeps saying connect USB cable.

Very strange because the following dual monitor solution actually works for me:
https://www.evernote.com/shard/s158/...c96cee64f1d452
Though it doesn't need ADB, and it doesn't support mouse.

I still need ADB to work to have a dual monitor solution with functioning mouse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by onthetopo View Post
No. I've tried multiple versions of adb.exe as well. the device just doesn't show up in adb, but is present in windows device manager.
Old 03-31-2017, 07:33 PM   #10
plusz
Addict
plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!

Device: 13.3" Boox Max2, 7" Kobo H2O
Does you laptop have USB2.0? Some USB drivers are known to have troubles when you use the device over USB3.0 port. Though I have connected Max on USB3 on Mac.
plusz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2017, 07:40 PM   #11
onthetopo

Sorry none of my laptops have usb 2.0. Is there anybody able to have 'adb devices' able to list Max on a windows 10 64 on usb 3.0? And I wonder if usb3.0 is the problem because my cellphone can be recognized in adb. And the desktopSync_v1.0_alpha does work over usb, though without a functioning mouse.

Is there a way to use VNC over usb for boox?
Quote:
Originally Posted by plusz View Post
Does you laptop have USB2.0? Some USB drivers are known to have troubles when you use the device over USB3.0 port. Though I have connected Max on USB3 on Mac.

Last edited by onthetopo; 03-31-2017 at 08:32 PM.
Old 04-01-2017, 01:37 AM   #12
bsnick
Zealot
bsnick began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx M96+, T68+, Max2, YP2, HiSense A2 Pro
Could it be something like the Max is being detected as another device? I know that happened with a Controller I once connected. I had to tell Windows that no, the device wasn't what it insisted that it was, it was in fact something else. Via the scan for new devices, or maybe update drivers. Unfortunately, I can't remember.

Another thing, less likely to help: do you have an alternate OS? Linux, BSD or Apple? If not, you could try getting a live cd like Knoppix (though you should perhaps do a quick search for livecd linux adb to see if there are any that have adb installed.

Dunno if either helps, or gives food for thought.
bsnick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2017, 03:02 AM   #13
nahte
Enthusiast

Normally wandoujia and mobogenie will connect any android device automatically, install driver if required.
Old 04-01-2017, 05:32 AM   #14
plusz
Addict
plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!

Device: 13.3" Boox Max2, 7" Kobo H2O
Hello, I have switched to my gaming box and after the game I thought to check your problem.

On my Win 10 x64 box the Max device showed up automatically. Windows downloaded the driver from Microsoft. I downloaded the android platform tools to confirm adb and it was fine. I even decided to click uninstall driver in the Device Manager, windows asked me for reboot, after reboot the Max device showed up again and it was again working with adb. I have only USB3.

I guess that you have jumped to install 3rd party drivers and now you have a conflict. My advise for you is to uninstall any 3rd android USB drivers, go to Device Manager and delete the device (uninstall current driver), after reboot it should be fine as on my box.

Here are some details about the driver on my box:
Click image for larger version

Name:	1.PNG
Views:	758
Size:	14.8 KB
ID:	155905

Name:	2.PNG
Views:	675
Size:	13.5 KB
ID:	155906

Name:	3.PNG
Views:	532
Size:	16.9 KB
ID:	155907
It is even visible in the driver history that I uninstalled the driver manually
The Information box contains the text:
Quote:
Device USB\VID_18D1&PID_0D02&MI_01\6&d88f069&0&0001 was configured.

Driver Name: winusb.inf
Class Guid: {88BAE032-5A81-49F0-BC3D-A4FF138216D6}
Driver Date: 06/21/2006
Driver Version: 10.0.14986.1000
Driver Provider: Microsoft
Driver Section: ADB.NT
Driver Rank: 0xFF2000
Matching Device Id: USB\Class_ff&SubClass_42&Prot_01
Outranked Drivers:
Device Updated: false
Parent Device: USB\VID_18D1&PID_0D02\0123456789ABCDEF
The following advanced properties may be useful to troubleshot your case if you still have any problem even when using the MS driver:

Name:	4.PNG
Views:	550
Size:	7.6 KB
ID:	155908

Name:	5.PNG
Views:	593
Size:	8.3 KB
ID:	155909

Name:	6.PNG
Views:	424
Size:	5.9 KB
ID:	155910

Good luck!

EDIT:
If you will find it hard to get rid of the android_winusb.inf stuff. Try the following (do all without Max being connected):
1. Find the file in C:\Windows\INF
2. Open the file in notepad, look for (name).sys to find out what is the actual driver.
- go to C:\Windows\System32\drivers
- find the driver, right click to confirm whether it is Microsoft driver or 3rd party, if 3rd party it is really safe to delete it otherwise you may leave it.
- delete the inf file
3. Delete the driver installation from the installation cache (otherwise it may still pop up after reboot)
- go to C:\Windows\System32\DRIVERSTORE
- look for familiar directory name android_winusb_xxxxxxx, or check every directory, you have to find the directory which contains the android_winusb.inf file
- delete the directory (or optionally zip it for backup purposes, then delete)
4. Reboot and connect Max

FYI, from you first post I can see that your device PNP string looks good so it's only driver problem

Last edited by plusz; 04-01-2017 at 05:53 AM.
plusz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2017, 08:17 AM   #15
Pajamaman
Wizard
Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Nova
I assume you already tried, but just in case, have you set USB debugging on the Onyx to ON?
Pajamaman is offline   Reply With Quote