Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 03-09-2017, 04:13 PM   #1
Siavahda
Connoisseur
Siavahda can eat soup with a fork.Siavahda can eat soup with a fork.Siavahda can eat soup with a fork.Siavahda can eat soup with a fork.Siavahda can eat soup with a fork.Siavahda can eat soup with a fork.Siavahda can eat soup with a fork.Siavahda can eat soup with a fork.Siavahda can eat soup with a fork.Siavahda can eat soup with a fork.Siavahda can eat soup with a fork.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2018
Unhappy Books sent to Kindle keep resetting to first page

It doesn't happen with every book, but lately I've been having a problem where books sent to my Kindle from Calibre reset to the first page every time I close and open the book again.

When I open up my Kindle, I find that the book files that are having this problem are being renamed so the file names include the metadata tags for the books, even though the file names are perfectly normal before being sent to the Kindle.

Renaming the book files on the Kindle (and the sdr folders, which have also been named strangely) fixes the problem, but how can I prevent this from happening in the first place?
Siavahda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2017, 05:25 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Fix your Send to Device template to just have Authors and Title in it
Tags frequently change.

The Kindle uses Metadata for its bookshelf display, not file name.
I insert the Series_Index into the Title (02-title) and I used the Kindle Collections Plugin to create 'series' collections. I understand that this PI does not work with some newer models.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-10-2017, 04:06 AM   #3
Siavahda
Connoisseur
Siavahda can eat soup with a fork.Siavahda can eat soup with a fork.Siavahda can eat soup with a fork.Siavahda can eat soup with a fork.Siavahda can eat soup with a fork.Siavahda can eat soup with a fork.Siavahda can eat soup with a fork.Siavahda can eat soup with a fork.Siavahda can eat soup with a fork.Siavahda can eat soup with a fork.Siavahda can eat soup with a fork.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2018
Thank you! Changing the template seems to have worked
Siavahda is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
calibre, file names, tags