Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 02-19-2017, 12:02 PM   #1
ibu
Addict
ibu can eat soup with a fork.ibu can eat soup with a fork.ibu can eat soup with a fork.ibu can eat soup with a fork.ibu can eat soup with a fork.ibu can eat soup with a fork.ibu can eat soup with a fork.ibu can eat soup with a fork.ibu can eat soup with a fork.ibu can eat soup with a fork.ibu can eat soup with a fork.

Device: Kobo H20, iPhone 6+, Macbook Pro
Connecting as a drive via WLAN instead of USB

Since a few days I have a Kobo H2O. Not only because it has a cover of the USB female it would be great to connect the device via WLAN instead the USB cable with my MacBook.
Like with a network drive.

Is there any hack/patch to realize that?

I do not talk about a WLAN connection to Calibre.

Thanks.

Last edited by ibu; 02-19-2017 at 12:06 PM.
ibu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2017, 01:24 PM   #2
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Libra H2O, Libra Colour
At one time someone had posted instructions on installing Samba on a Kobo. Unfortunately, I'm not at all sure anyone has tried since then. See https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=210646

As mentioned elsewhere you'll need an armhf build of samas as opposed to the armel build used here.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-19-2017, 01:37 PM   #3
ibu
Addict
ibu can eat soup with a fork.ibu can eat soup with a fork.ibu can eat soup with a fork.ibu can eat soup with a fork.ibu can eat soup with a fork.ibu can eat soup with a fork.ibu can eat soup with a fork.ibu can eat soup with a fork.ibu can eat soup with a fork.ibu can eat soup with a fork.ibu can eat soup with a fork.

Device: Kobo H20, iPhone 6+, Macbook Pro
Thanks for your answer, Peter.

The description you linked needs solid skills in linux and working with a command line. I do not have those skills. Because there's only one (negative) feedback in the thread, I suppose, there's no reliable way. Otherwise some others would have posted their experiences.
ibu is offline   Reply With Quote