Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Archive > Handhelds and Smartphones

Notices

Old 12-09-2004, 01:13 PM   #1
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Wireless Librarian lists library hotspots

Wireless Librarian lists more than 400 library hotspots in the US. The index is regularly updated; some libraries require a nominal fee. Others are restricted to staff only. Some places even loan out notebooks or Wi-Fi cards.

A wonderful resource if you don't want to miss our website while spending your time in a library
Old 12-09-2004, 02:18 PM   #2
sUnShInE
Drama Queen
sUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to behold

Device: Palm Tungsten T|T3
Alex, you must be psychic. I was just reading an article in today's NY Times about how libraries are using technology, including eBook offerings and wifi, to extend their range of customer services. Unfortunately most of the free wifi offerings in the DC Metro libraries are academic-only, but as the article points out, many libs are beginning to offer such services and don't need to advertise it.
Advert
Old 12-09-2004, 02:23 PM   #3
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Lynn, I can reassure you I was reading the same article, which then inspired me for this post. They said it would cost a library not more than $1000 to install Wifi? If that is true, I wouldn't be surprised to see Wifi offerings in libraries spread very fast.
Old 12-09-2004, 03:36 PM   #4
sUnShInE
Drama Queen
sUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to behold

Device: Palm Tungsten T|T3
I hope you're right. But many libraries in the US are extremely underfunded, with the noted exception of the ones they discussed in the article (Cleveland and Seattle, which are two great examples).

And here I was thinking you were psychic.

Old 01-11-2005, 05:26 PM   #5
ASKmortgage
ASKmortgage began at the beginning.

Device: rsm7
Alexander,

NIce site :-) Thanks for Wireless Librarian lists library hotspots
Advert