Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 11-23-2016, 07:01 PM   #1
Lucas Malor
Pain in the arse
Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Kindle 4
Restore annotations from corrupted db

My .sqlite database gets corrupted. I backed up the old db, done a factory reset, and installed the new (cool) firmware. But now I want the annotations back. What SQL I have to perform?

Last edited by Lucas Malor; 11-24-2016 at 04:51 AM.
Lucas Malor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2016, 08:48 PM   #2
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Libra Colour, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucas Malor View Post
My .sqlite database gets corrupted. I had to do a factory reset, and install the new (cool) firmware. But now I want the annotations back. What SQL I have to perform?
Unless you had a backup copy of the SQLite database, you are out of luck. If you have a backup copy, you can try recovering the annotations from that. Several threads about doing so have come and gone but should still be searchable.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-24-2016, 04:51 AM   #3
Lucas Malor
Pain in the arse
Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.

I have it.
Old 11-25-2016, 02:12 AM   #4
johnnyb
Cloud Reader
johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Kindle Scribe, iPad Pro 11
Also: switch to a different mnufacturer of ereaders after you have secured your annotations...
johnnyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2016, 03:50 AM   #5
Lucas Malor
Pain in the arse

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyb View Post
Also: switch to a different mnufacturer of ereaders after you have secured your annotations...
Not very helpfully for the moment.
Advert
Old 11-25-2016, 03:57 AM   #6
johnnyb
Cloud Reader
johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Kindle Scribe, iPad Pro 11
Quote:
Not very helpfully for the moment.
Sorry. The thing is though, if you have your database, there are a number of tools that let you navigate the sql file, it’s just not very intuitive. You may check and see if http://kobonotes.com works for you. Supposed to be an online service that extracts annotations automatically (I never got it to work though)...
johnnyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2016, 04:45 AM   #7
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
@Lucas Malor: The only thing useful that johhnyb has said is the roundabout suggestion to get an SQLite management tool and have a look at the database. If you have any SQL skills, you should be able to see what you need to do. At the simplest, it is export the contents of the table Bookmarks and then import it to the new database. But, if you have purchased books or want to do some cleanup, then you need be a bit selective.

Have a look, if you have problems or want to check what you come up with, ask away.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2016, 01:05 PM   #8
Lucas Malor
Pain in the arse

I tried kobonotes.com, but it fails because of SQlite error. I would extract it manually, but I don't know the tables.
Old 11-27-2016, 05:59 PM   #9
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
I tried kobonotes.com, but it fails because of SQlite error.
kobonotes.com won't help if you want to copy the annotations to another database. It doesn't extract them in a way that is suitable. Or at least didn't the last time I looked.
Quote:
I would extract it manually, but I don't know the tables.
Did you read my last post? Both the suggestion to actually look at the database and maybe play with it, and the statement of what single table you need to look at.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2016, 05:01 PM   #10
Lucas Malor
Pain in the arse

I missed the table name. Thank you David, as usual. If someone is interested, this is the trick to restore the bookmarks under Linux (or Windows with minsys):

PHP Code:
sqlite3 BACKUP_DATABASE.sqlite

.mode insert Bookmark
.out /PATH/TO/FILE.sql 
select 
from Bookmark;

CTRL+D

cat 
/PATH/TO/FILE.sql  sqlite3 NEW_DATABASE.sqlite 
(I suggest you to backup the db before)