Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Archive > Handhelds and Smartphones

Notices

Old 12-07-2004, 05:22 AM   #1
Colin Dunstan
Is papyrophobic!
Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Dell Axim
2GB SD flash cards announced

ATP Electronics announced that it has developed a 2GB Secure Digital card, which is now ready for mass production by OEMs.

The new cards will be the highest capacity SD cards on the market, doubling the current 1GB record, and offering a good performance of up to 10MB/s (that's fast, but not the fastest on the market).

ATP's 2GB SD cards will be priced at a MSRP of $249 (though the price might vary depending on the OEM).

I guess that means finally more room for my digital photos, medical records, MP3s, and Divx videos!
Old 12-07-2004, 03:37 PM   #2
hacker
Technology Mercenary
hacker plays well with othershacker plays well with othershacker plays well with othershacker plays well with othershacker plays well with othershacker plays well with othershacker plays well with othershacker plays well with othershacker plays well with othershacker plays well with othershacker plays well with others

Device: Direct Neural Implant
With 1GiB SanDisk brand SD cards selling for under $60.00/USD new, I'd rather have 4GiB in 4 SD cards for the same price as 1 2GiB SD card.

Granted, the prices will drop by next Christmas, but why wait?
Advert
Old 12-09-2004, 03:31 PM   #3
macumazahn
macumazahn began at the beginning.

Device: Palm Tungsten E
hacker you hit it on the head, would love to have some 2gig sd cards but the cost of the 1 gig are dropping so fast, I will wait for the 2 gig prices to drop dramatically before I buy.