Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 09-17-2016, 10:26 PM   #1
nsfwaa2
nsfwaa2 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
calibre not generating toc

So I read a lot of online novels and Manually copy past these story's into a text file. So for some reason calibre sometimes dose't auto generate a toc for me and i have no idea why
convert it to azw3 default setings

The New Journey of an Old Soul p6.txt doesn't work

The Iron Teeth A Goblin's Tale p3.txt works

hope somebody can help me

Last edited by nsfwaa2; 09-17-2016 at 10:29 PM.
nsfwaa2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2016, 10:45 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
https://manual.calibre-ebook.com/con...le-of-contents
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-17-2016, 10:53 PM   #3
nsfwaa2

not really helpfull as that dose not explain why 2 more or less identical files will generate toc or not.
Old 09-17-2016, 11:19 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
It tells you exactly how calibre generates a table of contents. Understand that, then you will be able to figure out what the differences are between your files that cause the problem. Or are you looking for someone to do your work for you?
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2016, 02:55 AM   #5
nsfwaa2

Yea still not helpfull I kind of figured it out but it dose't make any sense.

Because its a online novel the Authors indicate time gapes/jumps with <......./------/=====/*****>after a certain amount has been exceeded it will not create a TOC anymore. For the file above apparently its 4.

So how can I make it so that it will always create a toc? without having to delete the timejumps

Last edited by nsfwaa2; 09-18-2016 at 03:26 AM.
Advert