Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 09-16-2016, 06:17 AM   #1
gabryele
Connoisseur
gabryele began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura one
modified dictonary disappears after synch

every time I make the kobo Sync, the dictionary modified in that thread (https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...=196931&page=5 ) returns the "original".
It 's a known issue or is there a way to prevent the synchronization recovers in place the dictionaries ?
gabryele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2016, 07:30 AM   #2
oren64
I need a chapter break
oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
You have two options:

- To patch the firmware and add the patch `Change dicthtml strings to micthtml` (not available in 4.0.7523).

- Add an extra dictionary see here.

Last edited by oren64; 09-16-2016 at 07:35 AM.
oren64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-16-2016, 10:56 AM   #3
MGlitch
Wizard
MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Kobo Sage, Kobo Libra 2
Will the second option work on 4.x firmware? Haven't tested it myself yet. But as the OP is using a Kobo Aura One, that's the firmware in question.
MGlitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2016, 12:28 PM   #4
oren64
I need a chapter break
oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGlitch View Post
Will the second option work on 4.x firmware? Haven't tested it myself yet. But as the OP is using a Kobo Aura One, that's the firmware in question.
Although I didn't try this method before, I don't see way not.
The patch in post #1 `Allow searches on Extra dictionary` is working in 4.0.7523.
oren64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2016, 12:32 PM   #5
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
I have an Aura One with this firmware and the second method works (I've used it myself).
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert