Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Archive > Handhelds and Smartphones

Notices

Old 12-03-2004, 10:12 AM   #1
sUnShInE
Drama Queen
sUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to behold

Device: Palm Tungsten T|T3
802.11b comes to the Zodiac

Tapwave has released a Wifi driver and an e-mail application. The e-mail app allows you to set up 8 accounts, and includes IMAP support and scheduled downloading. You can use the SanDisk or palmOne Wifi cards.

Download the drivers here.

Now if palmOne would only get their act together....

Last edited by sUnShInE; 12-03-2004 at 10:15 AM.
Old 12-03-2004, 10:50 AM   #2
Zire
Fanatic
Zire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshes

Device: Zire 71
Wish it were true for the Zire71 but oh well.
Advert
Old 12-03-2004, 12:58 PM   #3
Brian
MobileRead Editor
Brian has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Treo 700p, Zodiac2
I've been using the Sandisk Connect Wifi card in my Zodiac 2. It works very well, and is quite a bit faster than I recall my Sony Clie NX70V with the WL100 Wifi card. Wifi on my Clie was one of the things I missed most, but not anymore .

Tapwave's free email client works with Gmail's POP3/SMTP feature.

If anyone has any questions about Wifi on the Zodiac or the Zodiac in general, feel free to ask.

Brian
Old 12-09-2004, 03:50 AM   #4
PalmTealLover
PalmTealLover began at the beginning.

Device: Palm Tungsten T3
Ballistic:

You made a very wise choice earlier than I did!!

I have a T3 and was looking furiously for a spare, as I will not be following the "T5 doorstop" path.

I decided yesterday that the best overall PDA out there is the Zodiac 2, and I'm thinking of picking one up in the next couple of weeks, retail, at Fry's so I can "see it doe its thing" before buying.

With 128MB of memory I could skip the JackSprat/JackFlash number I did on my T3 (freed up 10.6MB of flash!) and the dual cards are fantastic. Tapwave have solved the problem of people "living on one SD Card" and having to remove it for WiFi. No problem now!

The permanent landscape with no slider is great too . . . it's just a super unit and I'm glad Zodiac users finally have the WiFi that's sorely been lacking from P1 for some time. I'd be interested in your "results," especially regarding battery time (should be good with that 1540Ma whopper!). I had no interest prior to this in WiFi on a handheld with the T3 or anything else . . . the Zodiac has changed my mind on that, too. All the best with it!
Old 12-09-2004, 01:10 PM   #5
sUnShInE
Drama Queen
sUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to behold

Now's a good time to buy since Amazon's offering discounts. You can now pick up the Z2 for $349.88 ($50 off) and the Z1 for $269.88 ($30 off).
Advert
Old 12-09-2004, 02:45 PM   #6
Brian
MobileRead Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by sUnShInE
Now's a good time to buy since Amazon's offering discounts. You can now pick up the Z2 for $349.88 ($50 off) and the Z1 for $269.88 ($30 off).
Tapwave has dropped the prices at their own store, and the word is that these price drops are here to stay .

Brian
Old 12-27-2004, 07:17 AM   #7
Brian
MobileRead Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmTealLover
I decided yesterday that the best overall PDA out there is the Zodiac 2, and I'm thinking of picking one up in the next couple of weeks, retail, at Fry's so I can "see it doe its thing" before buying.
Paul,

Have you taken advantage of the Holiday sales and grabbed yourself a Zodiac?

Brian
Old 12-27-2004, 12:29 PM   #8
sUnShInE
Drama Queen

I just saw that they're offering an additional 10% off on the Zodiacs....

Not that I want one. But I am furiously surfing the web today to see if there are any pda deals I can't pass up. So far, no luck
Old 12-27-2004, 12:52 PM   #9
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Lynn, BargainPDA is always great for finding PDA-related web bargains:

http://www.bargainpda.com/default.asp?newsID=2351
Old 12-27-2004, 02:24 PM   #10
sUnShInE
Drama Queen

See my new thread... aka "rant".

I've been to BargainPDA this am to no avail. Where are all the deals?! Sheesh, even iPods are discounted after the holidaze!