Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Archive > Handhelds and Smartphones

Notices

Old 12-02-2004, 07:30 PM   #1
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
PalmSource CFO leaves the company

palmOne PalmSource today announced that Al Wood, chief financial officer and treasurer, has left the company effective November 29, 2004 to pursue "other interests".

While palmOne PalmSource is looking for a suitable replacement, Ira Cook, vice president of finance, has been appointed principal financial officer.

This latest development at palmOne PalmSource comes rather like an unexpected surprise considering that the announcement was made after the CFO had already left the company.
Old 12-03-2004, 12:27 PM   #2
Traecer Prime
Connoisseur
Traecer Prime began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-T2
PalmSource, NOT PalmOne

The company in question is PalmSource (stock symbol: PSRC), maker of Palm OS, NOT PalmOne (stock symbol: PLMO), maker of Tungsten, Zire, and Treo devices.

And yes, it is strange that they didn't send out a press release about his departure until 3 days after it happened. He was most definitely sacked. The question is, "why?" This could signal some changes ahead for PalmSource's financial situation. Whether good or bad, it's hard to say.
Advert
Old 12-03-2004, 01:37 PM   #3
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Oups that was a big slip! Sorry about that, it was after 1am when I posted the news, next time I make sure that I am fully awake

Thanks for the correction, Traecer.
Old 12-03-2004, 02:57 PM   #4
Pride Of Lions
just kinda geeky
Pride Of Lions began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone
PalmSource is hurting!!

I don't know if I told you guys this, but at last year's PalmSource Developers Conference (at the free PUG caucus in the evening) the head honcho of PSRC stood up and answered the question of "What's next in store for PalmSource?" by talking about how they were going to improve the font smoothing. He stammered. He talked about how all these third-party developer's were basically kicking PSRC's ass and that they were too far behind to play catch-up.

The Palm Companies. A sad state of affairs.
POL9A

edit: I'm already living in 2005, obviously. The PSRC Dev. Conf. was earlier this year around February.

The Palm Companies. Making me lose track of time.
POL9A

Last edited by Pride Of Lions; 12-03-2004 at 03:01 PM.