Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 07-14-2016, 09:53 PM   #1
Glorfindel
Force-Aware Elf
Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4 w/SO
Post and discuss your hobbies!

So what do you enjoy doing?
I'll start out with a few of mine:

Audio & related tech
Computer hw
Small engine tinkering
Photography
Glorfindel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2016, 10:03 PM   #2
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
Cross stitch
Embroidery
Plastic canvas
Cooking (when it isn't over 100 outside)
Reading
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-15-2016, 12:14 AM   #3
cromag
Surfin the alpha waves ~~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite & Mini, Nook STR, Kobo, Hanvon N516, Kindle 2, Androids
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glorfindel View Post
So what do you enjoy doing?
I'll start out with a few of mine:

Audio & related tech
Computer hw
Small engine tinkering
Photography
I used to tinker with small engines and do my own car engine repairs, but that's not fun anymore.

I was seriously into film photography in the 70s and 80s, including developing my own Ektachrome and other E-6 transparency films. At the peak I had a Contax RTS SLR and some Zeiss lenses. These days I have a couple modest (very modest) digital cameras, but I'm not nearly as active at it.

I do the computer stuff when I have to (hard drive swap-outs, minor upgrades) but that's also not much fun anymore.

I still do audio tech tinkering. In fact I just got the adapters I need to outfit a couple of Iriver H320 MP3 players with Compact Flash cards in place of their hard drives. I used to be a Creative fan, and I still have a 32GB Zen and a 30GB Vision:M, but Creative used proprietary formats and hardware specific software and it just wasn't fun anymore.

And I do a lot of LP to digital conversions, cleaning up the audio files, etc. Something has to go on those MP3 players.

And reading. I do a lot of reading.
cromag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2016, 12:16 AM   #4
meeera
Grand Sorcerer
meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, iPadMini4, iPad4, MBP; support other Kobo/Kindles
Reading (obviously)
Singing
Soapmaking
Cheesemaking
meeera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2016, 12:45 AM   #5
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
MobileRead (yes it's a hobby)
Reading
Collecting ebooks
Social Media
Sims 2 (it's more than playing a game) it's collecting thousands of downloads of content you will never use. Creating content for the game and socializing.
Collecting devices or gadgets and small appliances or As Seen on TV stuff.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-15-2016, 12:51 AM   #6
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Manning the MobileRead helpdesk (in the Kindle Developer's Corner and in Calibre)
Browsing MobileRead in general
Reading, for all the obvious reasons -- big shocker that, especially since the OP is the only one who didn't list that
Computer programming
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2016, 01:45 PM   #7
treadlightly
Wizard
treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O
In order of time spent:

Reading
Strength training
Cooking
Running
Playing with my cats
Hiking
Knitting
Kayaking
Cycling
Swimming
treadlightly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2016, 06:41 PM   #8
Glorfindel
Force-Aware Elf
Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cromag View Post
I used to tinker with small engines and do my own car engine repairs, but that's not fun anymore.
I was seriously into film photography in the 70s and 80s, including developing my own Ektachrome and other E-6 transparency films. At the peak I had a Contax RTS SLR and some Zeiss lenses. These days I have a couple modest (very modest) digital cameras, but I'm not nearly as active at it.
I do the computer stuff when I have to (hard drive swap-outs, minor upgrades) but that's also not much fun anymore.
I still do audio tech tinkering. In fact I just got the adapters I need to outfit a couple of Iriver H320 MP3 players with Compact Flash cards in place of their hard drives. I used to be a Creative fan, and I still have a 32GB Zen and a 30GB Vision:M, but Creative used proprietary formats and hardware specific software and it just wasn't fun anymore.
And I do a lot of LP to digital conversions, cleaning up the audio files, etc. Something has to go on those MP3 players.
And reading. I do a lot of reading.
I missed out on the film era :/
Right now I am using a Nikon D5300 that I got for a good deal on ebay, and I love it.

Ahh, different aspects of audio, I do more live sound and recording, though I am looking into getting a new music player that wil play lossless audio...
Old 07-15-2016, 06:42 PM   #9
Glorfindel
Force-Aware Elf

Quote:
Originally Posted by eschwartz View Post
Manning the MobileRead helpdesk (in the Kindle Developer's Corner and in Calibre)
Browsing MobileRead in general
Reading, for all the obvious reasons -- big shocker that, especially since the OP is the only one who didn't list that
Computer programming
Reading should be a given...
Old 07-15-2016, 07:12 PM   #10
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Current hobbies include audiobooks, music, OTR, smart devices, shooting, hiking, and travel.

Former hobbies included photography, rock collecting, hi-fi stereo, and backpacking.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2016, 01:27 AM   #11
cromag
Surfin the alpha waves ~~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite & Mini, Nook STR, Kobo, Hanvon N516, Kindle 2, Androids
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glorfindel View Post
I missed out on the film era :/
... I am looking into getting a new music player that wil play lossless audio...
If you're on a budget (as lossless players go) you might consider a Fiio X1. There are reviews online and it's available at Amazon, etc. I have one, but I use mine mostly for MP3s, which it plays as an afterthought -- the designers really want their users to use WAV files, etc.
cromag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2016, 02:13 AM   #12
JoHunt
I am what I am
JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad3, Voyage
Reading
Beading
Classic Movies
Coloring
Shopping(!)
JoHunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2016, 02:14 PM   #13
Glorfindel
Force-Aware Elf

Quote:
Originally Posted by cromag View Post
If you're on a budget (as lossless players go) you might consider a Fiio X1. There are reviews online and it's available at Amazon, etc. I have one, but I use mine mostly for MP3s, which it plays as an afterthought -- the designers really want their users to use WAV files, etc.
Looks promising Thanks for sharing!
Old 07-17-2016, 08:16 PM   #14
5thWiggleWife
I’m a Happy Boy!
5thWiggleWife ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggleWife ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggleWife ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggleWife ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggleWife ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggleWife ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggleWife ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggleWife ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggleWife ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggleWife ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggleWife ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad 2017, Acer A500, Kobo Glo, iPad mini
Since Kids:
Reading
Wire Jewellery Making

Before Kids:
Lampwork Bead Making
Stained Glass
Wine Making
Beer Making

I'm sure there were a few more but I'm old now and can't remember.
5thWiggleWife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2016, 09:14 PM   #15
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5thWiggleWife View Post
Since Kids:
Reading
Wire Jewellery Making

Before Kids:
Lampwork Bead Making
Stained Glass
Wine Making
Beer Making

I'm sure there were a few more but I'm old now and can't remember.
Hmmm... maybe I should revise my list

Before Kids
Reading
Hiking
Gardening

Since Kids
Archery
Knife Throwing
Target Shooting
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote