Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Archive > Handhelds and Smartphones

Notices

Old 12-01-2004, 04:17 PM   #1
Bob Russell
Recovering Gadget Addict
Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Streaming WiFi Content for your PDA

Do you have a fancy new PDA with a WiFi card or built-in WiFi? Are you sitting around with a wireless internet connection but wishing you had loaded up on MP3s or video?

Well, there's a great article at PocketPC Magazine with just the information you want.

Quote:
RadioShowLinks is a directory of Internet radio shows and stations. You can listen live or on-demand. The directory includes schedules and stream links for talk radio, current events, business, the arts, and other programming.

Many top talk radio shows can be found on the Popular Internet Radio Show channel, including Rush Limbaugh, Dr. Laura Schlessinger, Bill O'Reilly, Sean Hannity, Al Franken, and others.

Another channel includes many popular NPR and other Public Radio shows, including streams directly from National Public Radio as well as webcasting Internet radio stations from the NPR network.

The site also serves its schedules on RSS feeds.

It’s all free, and no registration is required.
Tip: Follow the links to the article above to get the full scoop.
(via www.pocketpcaddict.com)
Old 12-01-2004, 05:40 PM   #2
sUnShInE
Drama Queen
sUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to behold

Device: Palm Tungsten T|T3
BobR... This is a fantastic find!

The site seemlessly initiates RealPlayer for Nokia devices. I can't tell you what a huge improvement this is. In the past, if I wanted to use my cell for picking up audio content, I had to actually know the rtsp so I was limited to only the few sites that I had managed to find (BBC Two and some public station in NC). Now I can listen to whatever the heck I want to < evil laff > whenever I want < grinning madly > .

As a funny aside, a geek friend of mine the other day related a cool new tech device he was telling his roomie about. It's a small portable that wirelessly picks up audio content and delivers it for you.

Hint: He was talking about radio.
Advert
Old 12-01-2004, 07:02 PM   #3
BasilC
Zealot
BasilC is on a distinguished road

Device: Palm Tungsten T3
I don't suppose you can listen in to Internet radio on a Palm? It's looking more and more like I'm gonna have to make the switch one day, but I've spend so much on Palm OS software...
Old 12-01-2004, 07:40 PM   #4
Colin Dunstan
Is papyrophobic!
Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Dell Axim
This may sound very geeky, but it is exactly what I've been doing for the past few days: streaming video content to my Axim!!

I managed to map my local home network as windows share to my Axim via Wireless. Then, using the latest incarnation of Betaplayer (with its fantastic support for the Intel 2700 accelerator), I was able to stream any of my full-length divx/xvid movies without frameloss. Didn't even have to reconvert them to a lower resolution

Oh dear, I am ahead of myself. I promise I am going to report VERY soon about all the new stuff I've learned since owning a Pocket PC (beside the 100+ soft resets I had to go through).
Old 12-01-2004, 07:42 PM   #5
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Morph perhaps you could tell me more about this one... I've been trying to map my computer but so far I was unsuccessful ;(
Advert