Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 04-19-2016, 08:01 PM   #1
Love2readheas
RomSusp & GoodReads Lover
Love2readheas began at the beginning.

Device: Windows 7, Asus Transformer Tablet, Acer Tablet
Recent Book limit

Hello, would you please assist me with a question I have? My question does have to do with "how many books" but rather in the Recently Viewed section.

I'm currently have 70 books in the Recently viewed, and want to add more. When I tried to input 80 in the Tweaks section under Preferences, it accepts the tweak change addition fine but when I add another book in Recently viewed, it just cuts off a book from the list to fit the new one in.

I hope you understand what I'm TRYING to convey, however poorly.

I really appreciate any input you can offer. Thanks for your time.
Love2readheas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2016, 08:30 PM   #2
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Moderator Notice
@Love2readheas - Please stop posting into threads that have little to do with your specific problem. Create your own threads

You can count this as a gentle rebuke.
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-19-2016, 09:02 PM   #3
Love2readheas
RomSusp & GoodReads Lover
Love2readheas began at the beginning.

Device: Windows 7, Asus Transformer Tablet, Acer Tablet
I'm very sorry BetterRed but I am new to this site and didn't even know I was allowed to create my own threads. It wasn't until I read your answer in my first post that I knew to do that. However, I'd already posted this one to an existing thread. Please forgive me.

Aren't you going to answer the question I asked? I'd really like to know and I don't feel like it's fair to be punished by you withholding the answer from me.

Thank you again though for your outstanding help with my previous question.

I am really sorry that I irritated you.
Love2readheas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2016, 09:34 PM   #4
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
I'm not withholding anything from you, I'm not sure even where recently viewed is, in the viewer I guess. I never use MRU lists; au contraire, whenever I can, I get rid of them

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2016, 09:47 PM   #5
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
80 is 'Recent'
Boy do you read fast.

If you want to track your reading, you might consider adding a Custom (Date-time) column.

Since it is a Timestamp column, it sorts down to the second, so you know the exact order marked

But there is MORE

If you use Calibre Companion (on android), it has the ability to sync (wireless connection) a Read date (or Yes-No, if you set that kind up)
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert