Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 03-24-2016, 04:34 PM   #1
PoP
 curly᷂͓̫̙᷊̥̮̾ͯͤͭͬͦͨ ʎʌɹnɔ
PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3₃.₄.₃ PW3&4₅.₁₃.₃
Enabling a Japanese dictionary

Amazon japanese dictionary is not available for download to the Kindle Keyboard

Just by curiosity (since I can't read japanese) I wanted to see if my venerable Kindle3 could lookup their dictionary anyway.

Since I previously had success looking up a chinese book with a chinese dictionary
Spoiler:
Click image for larger version

Name:	cedict.gif
Views:	165
Size:	69.2 KB
ID:	147367
I thought I would simply extract their Daijisen Japanese Dictionary from the Kindle for Android application (where it works perfectly
Spoiler:

Name:	Android screen-shot.png
Views:	188
Size:	63.1 KB
ID:	147368
) to test it on a book I created with Sigil.

I consultedd The Apprentice and converted to a .mobi dictionary that I sideloaded to the Kindle3 and can read perfectly
Spoiler:

Name:	Kindle dictionary screen_shot-18542.gif
Views:	197
Size:	35.1 KB
ID:	147370

Then with Mobiunpack I extracted from the source the orth form of some japanese words to create my test book
Spoiler:

Name:	untitled.epub sigil.jpg
Views:	189
Size:	65.6 KB
ID:	147371

Alas, looking up the word of my attached japanese test book fails (language is set to ja/17) against the dictionary (language, input and output languages all set to ja/17)
Spoiler:

Name:	Kindle lookup screen_shot-18554.gif
Views:	200
Size:	12.0 KB
ID:	147369

Why Now I am really curious!
Attached Files
File Type: mobi untitled - Inconnu(e).mobi (26.5 KB, 123 views)
PoP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2016, 09:33 PM   #2
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
The last person who asked about supporting some un-supported language -
I suggested that they just adopt Klingon as their native language since you have that dictionary working.

I think they just 'went away'
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-24-2016, 09:52 PM   #3
PoP
 curly᷂͓̫̙᷊̥̮̾ͯͤͭͬͦͨ ʎʌɹnɔ
PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3₃.₄.₃ PW3&4₅.₁₃.₃
Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
The last person who asked about supporting some un-supported language -
I suggested that they just adopt Klingon as their native language since you have that dictionary working.

I think they just 'went away'
Right, I need this to build a Japanese to Klingon dictionary Hahaha!

... Perhaps should I go away to another MR forum to ask my question.
PoP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2016, 10:25 PM   #4
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoP View Post
Right, I need this to build a Japanese to Klingon dictionary Hahaha!

... Perhaps should I go away to another MR forum to ask my question.
No, not what I meant.

I made that response to a 'one question too many' on a long day of (re-)answering other questions.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote