Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 03-21-2016, 04:51 PM   #1
Kobold001
Kobold001 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo
Question How to trigger library update after side-load?

Right after the launch of Nickel I start a script that automatically downloads images and text files from the internet. After the download I want to see those files in the library (under "Books"). How can I trigger a library update?

What I tried so far:
1) Sync: no success
2) USB connect and disconnect: works

How can I trigger an AUTOMATIC library update after the download?
Kobold001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2016, 06:29 PM   #2
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Connecting the device to a USB port, telling it to connect and then disconnecting is the only supported way to have nickel scan for new books. There has been a bit of discussion here about simulating it, and I'm sure someone has been successful. You will need to do a search for it, or wait for someone who has used it to come by.

Also, remember that nickel is looking for files with specific extensions. If your downloaded files don't have these, they will be ignored. And they have to be in the right place, or probably better to say, not in the wrong place. Device looks for new books everywhere except inside directories whose name starts with a dot.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert