Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 02-05-2016, 12:12 PM   #1
Barbara1955
Non-Techy
Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Cell Phone & Amazon Fires & Kobo eReaders
Fire 10" Turn Off Recommendations?

Ok so I thinking this is a Long shot. IS there anyway to turn OFF the Recommendations esp in "Books" ?
Barbara1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2016, 06:17 PM   #2
CWatkinsNash
IOC Chief Archivist
CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Meebook M7, Paperwhite 2021, Fire HD 8+, Fire HD 10+, Lenovo Tab P12
Settings > Apps and Games > Amazon Application Settings > Home Screen Settings

Just turned them off myself today.
CWatkinsNash is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-06-2016, 10:45 PM   #3
Barbara1955
Non-Techy
Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

That Home I want them OFF in Books Videos Audibles etc But thanks!
Old 02-07-2016, 12:00 AM   #4
CWatkinsNash
IOC Chief Archivist
CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

It turns off recommendations for all sections (except for video, for some reason it still shows the store items there).
Old 02-07-2016, 02:13 PM   #5
Barbara1955
Non-Techy

I keep getting Recommendations when I go to Books Music &/or Videos. They dont even come Close to what I Purchase! Same o Same o Never Change! This is what I Love to turn Off.
Advert
Old 02-07-2016, 02:38 PM   #6
CWatkinsNash
IOC Chief Archivist

Well, all I know is that I turned off the setting that I noted in my post, and I don't get those recommendations anymore. All sections except for Video now only show items from my library, no recommendations. I'm not sure why it doesn't work for video, maybe because I watch Prime Video a lot.
Old 02-08-2016, 05:32 AM   #7
pjmpjm
Zealot
pjmpjm can load mercury with a pitchforkpjmpjm can load mercury with a pitchforkpjmpjm can load mercury with a pitchforkpjmpjm can load mercury with a pitchforkpjmpjm can load mercury with a pitchforkpjmpjm can load mercury with a pitchforkpjmpjm can load mercury with a pitchforkpjmpjm can load mercury with a pitchforkpjmpjm can load mercury with a pitchforkpjmpjm can load mercury with a pitchforkpjmpjm can load mercury with a pitchfork

Device: Fire HD 10
Thanks for Useful Tip

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWatkinsNash View Post
Settings > Apps and Games > Amazon Application Settings > Home Screen Settings

Just turned them off myself today.
Don't know how I missed this setting. Very helpful! Thanks!
pjmpjm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2016, 11:23 AM   #8
CWatkinsNash
IOC Chief Archivist

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjmpjm View Post
Don't know how I missed this setting. Very helpful! Thanks!
You're welcome!