Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Reading and Management

Notices

Old 11-17-2004, 01:02 PM   #1
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Namo HandStory Suite V3.1 released

Because of lack of recent updates, we first thought that HandStory has been abandoned. We were wrong. Korean SJ Namo Interactive has just released HandStory Suite V3.1. That is new:

Palm OS
- Enhanced Clip management
- Hardware button control
- Seperate Options tabs for each view

Pocket PC
- Convenient Clip Management
- Context-sensitive Options window
- Windows-friendly User Interface

HandStory Media Suite 3.1 for PocketPC
- Video playing
- Screen bookmarks and captures

You can download a 15-days limited trial from here.

It'll be interesting to see how this revived "'Swiss Army Knife of media viewers" compares to Plucker & co.
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2004, 03:44 PM   #2
radleyp
Evangelist
radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: Kindle Global, iphone4, ipad
I bought this application a long time ago, and stopped using it because of its failure to update. I don't remember where or when I bought it. I decided to try 3.1 and went to check on the upgrade policy - found that that cost $5.99. And then began the foolishness: I couldn't remember my ID or password, and when I input my email address, I found that 1) Namo had no record of it, and 2) that their support policy had changed and that they no longer wished to respond to individual emails. That's a turn-off, and I have decided to forget about HandStory, so that I will not be able to give you my comments (it's an application I no longer need anyway). Philippe Radley
radleyp is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-17-2004, 05:35 PM   #3
Bob Russell
Recovering Gadget Addict
Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Philippe, I'm sorry to hear about that. No way to reach them? If they're listed on a software site, sometimes they have a link for "Contact the Author" or something like that. I've had some success with that in the past when there was no other way to reach them.

I think this is a big problem with the PDA software market. I've had similar problems and basically ended up throwing away money and not being able to get upgrade deals, or get a new license to match a username changes, etc.

I guess the same thing sort of applies to DRM ebooks also. Kinda stinks, but I don't know if there's a good way to handle it all yet unless you open everything up and trust the consumer. Content owners will never do that in mass.

I'd like to see the major sellers start offering a lifetime guarantee that the software you bought will be available to you as well as appropriate upgrade policies as long as you can identify yourself reasonably as the buyer. That would include the ability to re-download and register the software also. Or at least, guarantee a warning email one year before all that is lost.
Bob Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2004, 05:46 PM   #4
cbarnett
MR prodigal son
cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
I tried Handstory out on my Clie T615C when v2 first came out, and was unimpressed that I couldn't access all the features in the demo (especially the smaller/hires fonts, etc). I contacted the developers and they basically replied "you need to buy it to try that stuff, sorry", so I said "then I won't buy it, sorry". That was the end of my experience with Handstory

I'm far too happy with my current software to even look at it now

Craig.
cbarnett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2004, 05:49 PM   #5
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
I remember Gary (gvtexas) was very font of HandStory v2, and he spent a considerable amount of time and work on supporting HandStory at MobileRead.
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-18-2004, 11:07 AM   #6
radleyp
Evangelist
radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: Kindle Global, iphone4, ipad
BobR, thanks for your response. I got an answer from Namo to an email I had sent and they told me what to do to download and pay (if I wished). Guess what? The same thing happened that happened yesterday, the site would not accept the ID I had registered there. I just wanted to see if HandStory had really added worthwhile stuff, I have enough readers and browsers already. Since life with Namo is problematic, I'll move on to other things. Philippe Radley
radleyp is offline   Reply With Quote