Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 01-04-2016, 08:06 AM   #1
anjade2
anjade2 began at the beginning.

Device: A lot
Marking Books in groups

All my books are in calibre and after a long time i understand that it is time to order them in different places. So i watch my books, mark all that i want to move and move them.

Because i have now a lot of different places like

Science Fiction
Criminal
Fantasy
History
Politics
Science
Business

and because Calibre is not usable while i move books in another library this is a boring and hard way.

Now i dream about a way to mark books with more than one way.

Now i use STRG+M to mark.

I would like to have

STRG+1 for group1
STRG+2 for group2
STRG+3 for group3
STRG+4 for group4

Later i press STRG+SHIFT to show group1 and move them, then STRG+SHIFT+2 to move the next group and so on.

And finally i dream about connecting the groups directly with a library.

Then i choose all books for groups, press a button "DO IT" and go to bed.
And at the next morning everything should be moved.

Is there any addon that makes something like this?
Is there any interest in such an addon?
Is there anybody who can code this?
(I would spend some money for programing it also)

Anja
anjade2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2016, 09:41 AM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
in most cases there is no need for separate Libraries if the Library structure is default (or has the same custom columns)

Those groupings are the traditional Use of Tags. You can assign 1 or more tags to any book

You the can use the Tag browser to select which Tags, Authors, Series... to show. You can also save a search and/or make that into a Virtual Library (VL) and view that.

There is no 'Overnight'. A view changes in seconds

Great Reasons FOR keeping separate Libraries
Parental Guidance required subjects
Shared Public Domain isolated from not public shareable
Library custom Column differences (usage)
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-04-2016, 09:49 AM   #3
anjade2
anjade2 began at the beginning.

Device: A lot
Yes, with small libraries you dont need any splitting, but if you are a crazy collector of old books from archive.com you will find calibre too slow to work with a huge amount of books. And so i have to split the libraries.

Anyway it would be much more work to tag all my books than to put them together.
I dont want to write, i only want to press a key.

Last edited by anjade2; 01-04-2016 at 10:30 AM.
anjade2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2016, 05:17 PM   #4
DaltonST
Deviser
DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Consolidate All Library Metadata (CALM)

@anjade2:

Assuming I understand correctly what you want to do, there is a plugin that does 'Library Management' tasks, such as shuffling books around your Calibre Library ecosystem, as well as standardizing Authors, Tags, and Genres, all from one central point.

The plugin is "Consolidate All Library Metadata (CALM)".

There are example screen images attached to its Original Post.

The "go to bed" option is not included in CALM.

DaltonST
DaltonST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2016, 05:54 PM   #5
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by anjade2 View Post
Yes, with small libraries you dont need any splitting, but if you are a crazy collector of old books from archive.com you will find calibre too slow to work with a huge amount of books. And so i have to split the libraries.

Anyway it would be much more work to tag all my books than to put them together.
I dont want to write, i only want to press a key.
@anjade2 - my largest library is almost 75,000 'books'. I have 6GB of RAM, the library is on a 2TB WD Black Caviar Sata 2 drive. I use the View Manager plugin extensively to get different sort orders and column layouts - switching views is done in the 'blink of an eye'.

I know of someone who has more than 100,000 'books' in their library.

What are your definitions of huge and slow?

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert