Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 12-07-2015, 03:12 AM   #1
AnneT
Groupie
AnneT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnneT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnneT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnneT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnneT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnneT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnneT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnneT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnneT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnneT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnneT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox i62HD, Onyx Boox T68, Kobo Aura H2O, Boox Poke Pro
Sync side loaded books across devices?

I currently have a Boox ereader with android OS.
So the combo Moon+ reader pro with Dropbox or Google drive lets me easily sync my books (and reading positions) across my (other) devices (android phone and android tablet).

I know it's possible to sync books between a Kobo reader and other mobile devices with the Kobo app installed, but I wonder if it enables you to sync all your books, or only books purchased at Kobo (and affiliated stores like Bol.com in the Netherlands).
AnneT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2015, 05:24 AM   #2
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Kobo only syncs books that have been bought from them. They don't do anything for sideloaded books. If you are a calibre user, you can sync to other Kobo devices using my Kobo Utilities plugin. If you use Koreader on the device, there is some syncing supported by it.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-07-2015, 07:34 AM   #3
AnneT
Groupie
AnneT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnneT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnneT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnneT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnneT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnneT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnneT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnneT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnneT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnneT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnneT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox i62HD, Onyx Boox T68, Kobo Aura H2O, Boox Poke Pro
Thanks for your reply davidfor!
I would only have one Kobo devices, and Kobo reader installed on two android devices, so I guess Kobo Utilities won't help me with syncing.
I'll try out KOReader on my phone and tablet (I have it installed on my BOOX, but rarely use it because the screen responsivity on touch is very bad with that app on my reader).
AnneT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2015, 10:39 AM   #4
tayseidel
Zealot
tayseidel can program the VCR without an owner's manual.tayseidel can program the VCR without an owner's manual.tayseidel can program the VCR without an owner's manual.tayseidel can program the VCR without an owner's manual.tayseidel can program the VCR without an owner's manual.tayseidel can program the VCR without an owner's manual.tayseidel can program the VCR without an owner's manual.tayseidel can program the VCR without an owner's manual.tayseidel can program the VCR without an owner's manual.tayseidel can program the VCR without an owner's manual.tayseidel can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Glo HD, Aura H20, PRS-T1
Davidfor, is there a thread with specific information on the syncing abilities of your plugin? Since I'm getting the H20 tomorrow, I'd be interested in syncing reading positions between the H20 and the Glo HD.
tayseidel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2015, 04:56 PM   #5
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
All the info about the Kobo Utilities plugin is in its thread: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=215339. It comes up frequently in the thread, but it was one of the initial functions, so there is discussion early in the thread. And when I released v2 at the beginning of the year, there was more discussion due to the changes to handle multiple devices.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert