Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre Companion

Notices

Old 11-10-2015, 01:28 PM   #1
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer
Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Scribe, PW SE & Kindle 2022, Kobo Libra 2
Calibre Companion txt files in Kindle Fire Carousel

I've sent over 4000 empty txt files to Calibre Companion on my Kindle Fire and they are all in the Carousel. I have moved the default folder to a seperate folder, which previously emptied the carousel, but it didn't remove the books this time.

I've even removed all the books using Calibre but they are still on my Carousel.

Before I consider a factory reset can anyone tell me how I can transfer blank txt files to CC bypassing the Carousel?

Last edited by Josieb1; 11-10-2015 at 02:02 PM.
Josieb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2015, 12:27 AM   #2
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer
Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I did factory reset in the end. I've reloaded Calibre Companion and already set a different folder fir txt files. I'll try again later by sending a handful of books and see if they bypass the carousel.
Advert
Old 11-11-2015, 04:09 AM   #3
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josieb1 View Post
I did factory reset in the end. I've reloaded Calibre Companion and already set a different folder fir txt files. I'll try again later by sending a handful of books and see if they bypass the carousel.
The carousel might remember the existence of the files even after you move them because of how android handles media. Often powering the device off (all the way off, not to "standby") then on will convince it to look again.

If the hard reset doesn't do the job then consider deleting the txt files off the device using a file manager (not CC or calibre). Because you never intend to launch a reader app, CC doesn't need a file once it and calibre have agreed on its name, which happens when it is first sent. From that point on CC asks calibre for metadata based on the agreed-upon file name, regardless of whether the file still exists on the device.

If you tell CC to put the txt books in a folder that is used for nothing else then you can delete that folder. CC will re-create it next time you send books. Then you delete it again. As I mentioned above, you might be required to power the device off then on to get android to notice that the files are gone.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2015, 07:27 AM   #4
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer

I'm adding them 500 at a time and so far they are being added without going through the carousel. I think changing the default folder first helped plus I don't have any reading app (apart from the kindle) on my Fire yet, although I do plan to reload Kobo.

Thanks again for your help.