Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 11-08-2015, 02:38 PM   #1
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer
alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles K-2, K-KB, PW 1 & 2, Voyage, Fire 2, 5 & HD 8, Surface 3, iPad
Cool AZW3 Images disappear when the book is added to the Calibre Library

AZW3 Images disappeared when book was added to the Calibre Library. There are small (4 bytes) files numbered like images (ie - 00001.unknown) in the miscellaneous section (when viewed with the calibre editor). The only actual image files are two JPGs, the cover in two different resolutions.

Windows 8.1
Calibre 2.43
DeDRM 6.3.3

Last edited by alansplace; 11-11-2015 at 09:56 PM.
alansplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2015, 04:54 PM   #2
enuddleyarbl
Guru
enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma
I'll take a guess and say it's the same problem I noted here:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=262780

i.e., that it's really an AZW6 and not an AZW3 file. The work-around is to download the book from Amazon via Kindle for PC (or from an older Kindle (I'm using an old Kindle Touch that they haven't updated the firmware to yet to handle the format)) instead of the Kindle you're using, and import the book from there into Calibre.
enuddleyarbl is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-08-2015, 05:10 PM   #3
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer
alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Cool AZW3 Images disappear . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveLessnau View Post

i.e., that it's really an AZW6 and not an AZW3 file. The work-around is to download the book from Amazon via Kindle for PC (or from an older Kindle (I'm using an old Kindle Touch that they haven't updated the firmware to yet to handle the format)) instead of the Kindle you're using, and import the book from there into Calibre.
I fixed the book by hand, importing the graphics and editing the name contained in the code to match.

Last edited by alansplace; 11-11-2015 at 09:56 PM.
Old 11-08-2015, 05:48 PM   #4
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer

Cool AZW3 Images disappear . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveLessnau View Post

Downloaded it for my Kindle Keyboard and it imported into my Calibre library perfectly, thanks for pointing me in the correct/successful direction. Much less time consuming than my method!

Last edited by alansplace; 11-11-2015 at 09:57 PM.

Tags
azw6