Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Archive > Handhelds and Smartphones

Notices

Old 11-12-2004, 05:33 PM   #1
Bob Russell
Recovering Gadget Addict
Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Free Today Weather Plugin

Weather To Go is a free application for Pocket PC that gives weather information on your Today screen. It can also be found at http://www.tonaya.com/

I haven't tried it yet, but I'm going to install it this weekend because it looks great! Those of you on PalmOS... eat your hearts out. Yea, yea, yea. I know... Palm still has the best PIM apps.

Thanks to PDA 24/7 for the original mention.

If anyone gives this a try, let us know what you think.
Old 11-13-2004, 04:38 PM   #2
TadW
Uebermensch
TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
It sounds like you are finally starting to like your new PPC, Bob. Am I right?

I am also seriously thinking of switching over to the "dark side".
Advert
Old 11-13-2004, 06:18 PM   #3
Bob Russell
Recovering Gadget Addict
Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Yes, I really do like it. One of these days I'm going to share the good and the bad in a post. But the main thing I miss in PalmOS is the really slick and responsive and easy to use basic PIMs. Like DateBook and ToDo and Addresses.
But I suspect I will stay with PPC for a while. I do like it. It seems "fancier" and more fun, and I like the HW/SW that's available.

I do miss my Palm, but I'd miss Pocket PC if I went back. The good thing is that I feel at home either way now, which is a very freeing sort of feeling, and I can enjoy the strengths of either type of PDA.

Bottom line for me was that I just didn't see a Palm PDA I really wanted, and I'm concerned about the future of OS6. Unfortuately, the future of PPC seems brighter. That's okay, but I really believe that if PalmOS succeeded and grew in market share and hardware makers, it would be the better platform. Right now it's about neck and neck. In the future, .... well just keep you fingers crossed that we still have multiple PDA OSs with large market share. And, hey, why is it taking Linux so long anyway?!