Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 09-22-2015, 02:36 AM   #1
Doc-D
Doc-D began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Exclamation Problem: Calibre not seeing newly downloaded books on Kindle Paperwhite

I was hoping to get some help with a problem I just noticed recently.
When I use Calibre to look at the ebooks stored in my Kindle Paperwhite's main memory, I can see the books I've bought and previously downloaded from Amazon as well as all my Personal Docs. But since updating my Kindle Paperwhite with the latest firmware v 5.6.5, any newly downloaded books on my Kindle will not show up in Calibre. I tried a little experiment and chose to "remove from device" one of the books that I had previously download onto the Kindle that could be seen... I then re-downloaded it to the Kindle to see if Calibre could still see it. Nope, it no longer showed up in Calibre when I looked at the Device's Main Memory. Is anyone else having this problem? I have the most recent version of Calibre and I've made sure all my plugins are up to date. I don't know what else to do.
Doc-D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2015, 11:18 AM   #2
kateharp
kateharp can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.kateharp can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.kateharp can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.kateharp can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.kateharp can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.kateharp can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.kateharp can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.kateharp can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.kateharp can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.kateharp can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.kateharp can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: kindle
I'm having Same Problem

Kindle downloaded some new operating software on the kindles and I don't know why my kindle does not receive the RSS feed anymore.
kateharp is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-22-2015, 04:37 PM   #3
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc-D View Post
I was hoping to get some help with a problem I just noticed recently.
When I use Calibre to look at the ebooks stored in my Kindle Paperwhite's main memory, I can see the books I've bought and previously downloaded from Amazon as well as all my Personal Docs. But since updating my Kindle Paperwhite with the latest firmware v 5.6.5, any newly downloaded books on my Kindle will not show up in Calibre. I tried a little experiment and chose to "remove from device" one of the books that I had previously download onto the Kindle that could be seen... I then re-downloaded it to the Kindle to see if Calibre could still see it. Nope, it no longer showed up in Calibre when I looked at the Device's Main Memory. Is anyone else having this problem? I have the most recent version of Calibre and I've made sure all my plugins are up to date. I don't know what else to do.
That is a known problem. See the recent discussion surrounding Amazon's new KF format.

tld;dr
Download your books via the browser from http://amazon.com/manageyourkindle -- that will deliver an AZW3 you can import into calibre.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2015, 04:56 PM   #4
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kateharp View Post
Kindle downloaded some new operating software on the kindles and I don't know why my kindle does not receive the RSS feed anymore.
That isn't the same problem at all. The OP wasn't able to copy books into calibre -- you cannot download books from Amazon onto your Kindle.

Amazon's servers are having problems. See:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=265505
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=265448
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=261268
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=265464
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote