Old 09-10-2015, 10:05 AM   #1
theaccountant
Enthusiast
theaccountant began at the beginning.

Device: Awful Hanvon N518
Shorten files name when saving to disc

This is the file name that calibre saved to disc from the template folder
{#location}/{title}-{authors}

This is Brilliant_ CBT, NLP, Confidence, Memory Training, Interview Answers, Negotiations, Selling, Presentation & Networking-Stephen Briers & Richard Hall & Jeremy Cassell & Susan Hodgson & Mike McClement & Steven D'Souza

How can i shorten it?

Thanks
theaccountant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2015, 10:12 AM   #2
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Depends how you want to shorten it. See Preferences ==> Saving books to disk

I prefer the following template, modified from the original:

Code:
{author_sort:list_item(0,&)}/{title}/{title} - {authors:list_item(0,&)}
Which merely switches the authors fields to use the list_item function to restrict a many-authored book (anthologies) to only using the first author's name in the filename.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-10-2015, 04:55 PM   #3
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none

@theaccountant - and I would have moved the strapline/subtitle - "CBT, NLP, Confidence..." - out of the Title column into a custom column immediately after adding the book.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2015, 06:03 PM   #4
theaccountant
Enthusiast
theaccountant began at the beginning.

Device: Awful Hanvon N518
eschwartz,

Thank you for your very fast response. I adapted it to this

{title:shorten(30,-,8)} - {authors:list_item(0,&)}

However I've been puzzling how to select only the first 3 words of title and last one.

BetterRed your solution of moving the strapline may help although its means another custom column. At the moment some straplines i kill others i keep depending on weather i feel they add value to the title.

i can send the contents after the colon to a new column strapline, but cannot replace the contents before the colon as the new title. What w#is the correct regex here?

Thanks
theaccountant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2015, 07:34 PM   #5
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Find:
Code:
([^:]*):.*
Replace:
Code:
\1
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert