Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Archive > Mobile Sites

Notices

Old 11-10-2004, 06:28 PM   #1
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Exclusive: CNET News, infoSync, TechRepublic for AvantGo & Co

To test-drive a new automated system I've been working on, I am going to share with you new mobile links to (highly demanded) web pages that don't offer native mobile support. Those mobile links can be used with any offline and online browser. So... Avantgo, iSilo, Plucker & Co users, please enjoy Feedback is greatly appreciated!

Today's links: CNET News Mobile, infoSync Mobile, TechRepublic Mobile
Link-Depth: 1

CNet News
infoSync
TeleRepublic
Old 11-10-2004, 09:31 PM   #2
Bob Russell
Recovering Gadget Addict
Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Alex, these are nothing short of spectacular!!!! And they work great with iSilo. They do all that I've been trying to accomplish with Sitescooper and more. (But based on my painfully slow progress towards that goal I don't know if I'll ever get that even partially working.)

I'm pretty sure you are going to have a long line of requests once people realize what you've got here, so I want to get a few sites at the top of your request list.

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/trib...b/newssummary/
(A great Pittsburgh paper)

http://www.post-gazette.com/
(Another Pittsburgh paper)

http://cbsnewyork.com/water/
(A nice site with "Water Cooler" oddball news stories.)

www.washingtontimes.com
especially the following sections:
• Nation/Politics
• World
• Op-Ed
• Commentary

http://www.townhall.com/issues/
and http://www.townhall.com/columnists/
(Conservative Politics. Nice site, but an almost worthless "raw" iSiloX web clip!)

http://slashdot.org/
(An RSS feed is available at http://slashdot.org/index.rss but I don't know what it looks like.)

I'd ask for NYT and Reuters too, but thanks to Montalvo we're already covered there with another approach. Don't wear yourself out on any of this.. if it comes it would be really, really cool. If not, then status quo is not so bad either.
Advert
Old 11-11-2004, 03:38 AM   #3
jasondv
Enthusiast
jasondv began at the beginning.

Device: Palm Tungsten|T
Awesome! I've missed CNet for some time now. With this and S. Motalvo's NYT fix, I have all of my old AvantGo channels available again.

Many, many thanks for this, Alex :cheers:
Old 11-11-2004, 04:15 PM   #4
Colin Dunstan
Is papyrophobic!
Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Dell Axim
Thanks for C|Net
Old 11-11-2004, 05:27 PM   #5
cbarnett
MR prodigal son
cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
Very nice. Thanks Alex!

Craig.
Advert
Old 12-17-2004, 01:31 PM   #6
javabird
Enthusiast
javabird began at the beginning.

Device: Clie T615C
Seem to get a lot of "page not found" in the CNet links.
Old 12-17-2004, 01:41 PM   #7
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
CNet is really mean. They seem to check the referrer for the printer-friendly links now. In other words, you cannot directly link to them anymore (which is what our CNet mobile channel has been doing until now) ;(

I can make the links link to the non-printer-friendly articles, then at least the links would work. Would do you think?
Old 12-18-2004, 02:27 PM   #8
javabird
Enthusiast
javabird began at the beginning.

Device: Clie T615C
I suppose that would make them graphics-intensive, right? But, I suppose it would be worth a try.
Old 12-19-2004, 12:23 AM   #9
starbuckk
Enthusiast
starbuckk can extract oil from cheesestarbuckk can extract oil from cheesestarbuckk can extract oil from cheesestarbuckk can extract oil from cheesestarbuckk can extract oil from cheesestarbuckk can extract oil from cheesestarbuckk can extract oil from cheesestarbuckk can extract oil from cheesestarbuckk can extract oil from cheese

Try this one for C|Net:

http://news.com.com/2162-12_3-0.html
Old 12-19-2004, 04:43 AM   #10
TadW
Uebermensch
TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by starbuckk
Try this one for C|Net:

http://news.com.com/2162-12_3-0.html
Very nice, thank you starbuckk!