Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 08-12-2015, 07:13 PM   #1
Aboyaman
Enthusiast
Aboyaman will become famous soon enoughAboyaman will become famous soon enoughAboyaman will become famous soon enoughAboyaman will become famous soon enoughAboyaman will become famous soon enoughAboyaman will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle Paperwhite1
Arabic dictionary (wordwise)

I have made some modifications to wordwise dictionary to display Arabic definitions.
Please tell me if you are interested in this project?
Here is the example
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot_2015_08_12T22_23_33+0100.png
Views:	644
Size:	20.2 KB
ID:	140978  
Aboyaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2015, 04:20 AM   #2
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer
Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aboyaman View Post
I have made some modifications to wordwise dictionary to display Arabic definitions.
Please tell me if you are interested in this project?
Here is the example
Can you post the tools/scripts that you used to generate the .kll file in the .sdr folder or describe the steps for manually creating it?

Last edited by Doitsu; 08-13-2015 at 04:23 AM.
Doitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-13-2015, 05:03 AM   #3
Aboyaman
Enthusiast
Aboyaman will become famous soon enoughAboyaman will become famous soon enoughAboyaman will become famous soon enoughAboyaman will become famous soon enoughAboyaman will become famous soon enoughAboyaman will become famous soon enough

I didnt use any tools/scripts. The only thing I did is modifying the wordwise.klld database file=short_def column, by changing base64 sentence from Arabic to English
Old 08-13-2015, 05:32 AM   #4
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer
Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aboyaman View Post
The only thing I did is modifying the wordwise.klld database file=short_def column, by changing base64 sentence from Arabic to English
If I understood you correctly, you bought a WordWise enabled English book and changed the base64 obfuscated English definitions in the unencrypted .kll sqlite file in the .sdr folder from English to Arabic.

While it's certainly helpful to know that English WordWise definitions can be replaced with definitions in other languages, it'd be even more helpful if someone found out how WordWise definitions are marked in the actual .azw3 books.

I looked into this some time ago and created my own .azw3 version of "A Tale of Two Cities" from a PD source, changed the ASIN of my book to match the ASIN of the commercial book (which is free).
However, when I replaced the commercial edition with my edition, WordWise no longer worked.
It's therefore very likely that WordWise-enabled books have a special EXTH metadata entry and/or that the .kll file also stores the binary location of each word.
Old 08-13-2015, 05:45 AM   #5
Aboyaman
Enthusiast

The only modification you have to do is in /system/kll/wordwise.en.en.klld file
not the .sdr file
.sdr file contains "positions" of words and sense.id only
The meaning of the word that appears above the word is generated from /system/kll/wordwise.en.en.klld.
Advert
Old 10-16-2015, 10:35 AM   #6
esso
esso began at the beginning.

Device: kobo aura h2o , kindle paperwhite
Great work
Could you please explain how to make it or even share the file
Thx
esso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2015, 11:07 AM   #7
thatworkshop
hub
thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3G, DXG, Kobo mini
Good find.
Many more languages will be coming.

Last edited by thatworkshop; 10-16-2015 at 11:38 AM.
thatworkshop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2015, 02:40 AM   #8
Aboyaman
Enthusiast

I hope we will find programmers who can make things easier for making more wordwise dictionaries
Old 02-25-2017, 02:09 PM   #9
PoP
 curly᷂͓̫̙᷊̥̮̾ͯͤͭͬͦͨ ʎʌɹnɔ
PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3₃.₄.₃ PW3&4₅.₁₃.₃
This is an old thread, I know, but I was intrigued and wanted to document.

I used this DB Browser for SQLite and this BASE64 Decoder to peek into the wordwise kll.en.en.klld data base.

For example the line #14523 of the senses table
Click image for larger version

Name:	14523.png
Views:	330
Size:	127.9 KB
ID:	155304
decodes to:
Quote:
long_def:
dG8gdHJ5IHRvIGdldCBzb21ldGhpbmcgeW91IHdhbnQgYnkgdG Fsa2luZyB0byB0aGUgcGVvcGxlIHdobyBtYWtlIGRlY2lzaW9u cw==
to try to get something you want by talking to the people who make decisions

short-def:
dG8gdHJ5IHRvIGdldCBieSBpbmZsdWVuY2U=
to try to get by influence

xample_sentence:
U2hlIGhhcyBiZWd1biBsb2JieWluZyBmb3IgYW4gaW50ZXJ2aW V3LiBbPXRyeWluZyB0byBnZXQgYW4gaW50ZXJ2aWV3XQ==
She has begun lobbying for an interview. [=trying to get an interview]
A data base approach which is quite more involved than simple <ruby> tagging ... I will gladly leave it to more ambitious reverse engineers

BTW I also have the CC-CEDICT.kll.zh.pn.klld SQLite data base in my system/kll directory, does anyone know where it comes from? Or which book caused it to be downloaded?
PoP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2017, 02:42 PM   #10
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoP View Post
BTW I also have the CC-CEDICT.kll.zh.pn.klld SQLite data base in my system/kll directory, does anyone know where it comes from? Or which book caused it to be downloaded?

CEDICT
is an Open Source Chinese-English dictionary. Maybe Amazon converted it to its own format.
Did you ever change the GUI to Chinese and/or did you download a Chinese language Kindle book for testing purposes?
Old 02-25-2017, 03:25 PM   #11
PoP
PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doitsu View Post

CEDICT
is an Open Source Chinese-English dictionary. Maybe Amazon converted it to its own format.
Did you ever change the GUI to Chinese and/or did you download a Chinese language Kindle book for testing purposes?
I never changed the GUI to Chinese but I precisely sideloaded *that* CEDICT mobi -- along with a Chinese book -- to test searches.

I never downloaded the klld file though!

On further inspection, the klld is not related to wordwise at all. It looks like the dictionary itself in a different format. Strange
Old 06-10-2018, 08:41 PM   #12
PoP

Just to conclude on my post on kll.zh.pn.klld. I finally got a better understanding, Here in this thread.