Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Archive > Handhelds and Smartphones

Notices

Old 11-09-2004, 09:57 AM   #1
Zire
Fanatic
Zire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshes

Device: Zire 71
Astraware Mazera 1.0

Astraware has done it again! They combined many game elements that make their company one of the best gaming companies in the palm world. I'm always looking for something new and when Astraware comes out with something I always load it and atleast try it. I loaded this game and then played it on the train. Since the train is noisy I decided to put on my headphones. The main things that I noticed is how good the music is (similar to cubix) and the graphics are really good. I also really liked the graphics. Astraware has really made the controls easy to work with and fully customizable. On my zire71 I have the directional pad set up for movement and the middle button as the menu so I can play while holding onto the bar on the train. I know you're saying get on with it...so here it goes. The game is really cool (atleast for now) there are alot I mean alot of puzzles that if you die you have to complete again but not start from the beginning of the game. I like the fact that the game is automatically saved at the beginning of each room so that you can start exactly from where you left off. Right now I have two save files one for one path and one for the other. When you play the game you'll know what I mean. Play this game you'll like it. Get it at the Astraware Site.

Quote:
From the site:

Ix has been imprisoned by a strange alien race known as the Mazerians - and it is up to you to guide him to his freedom.

Kidnapped as a young boy by the Mazerians and put on display in their alien zoo, Ix's day begins as it always has, but today there's something in his living space he hasn't seen before, an unusual plant that gives him the means to escape.

In order to find his way home Ix must travel through a range of alien landscapes, with hundreds of rooms to traverse, solving puzzles and collecting elements to aid his bid for freedom. Along the way he will meet friends who offer clues and enemies who must be out-witted for him to survive.
Mazera features:

* An enormous world to explore
* Myriad puzzles and problems to solve!
* Bright and colorful graphics
* 30 minutes of specially-commissioned musical score!
* A hidden secret area to unlock
* Full Screen support for 320x480 and 480x320 devices!
* Compatible with greyscale and colour devices
Old 11-10-2004, 07:17 AM   #2
doctorow
Guru
doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Ok I deviced to give the game a try based on zire's nice review.

Unfortunately, the hi-res variant only works with OS5.x based devices; hires-capable Sony PDAs running OS4.x are not supported. So I had to install the low-res version of the game. The game itself works fine, and one of its greatest strengths is the huge game world which makes sure that the game doesn't become boring too fast. So if you are a fan of adventure or puzzle games, you should definitely give it a try!
Advert
Old 11-10-2004, 08:59 PM   #3
Francesco
Aficionado
Francesco will become famous soon enoughFrancesco will become famous soon enoughFrancesco will become famous soon enoughFrancesco will become famous soon enoughFrancesco will become famous soon enoughFrancesco will become famous soon enoughFrancesco will become famous soon enough

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Touch
This game is great. I just can't stop playing it. If I have one idle minute in my life, you bet I'll star playing Mazera.
The music is cool, the graphics are REALLY cool and the game is composed of thousands of micro-puzzles that aren't really hard, so you get the fun and not the frustration. Underneath it all, there's a story, so this is kind of an RPG, but not quite so (I find RPGs so booooooring!). In the end, while you think in micro, you should not forget about the big picture.
You have one minute? Then solve a micropuzzle, it will take you one step closer to your goal.
Heck, did I said one minute? I've been playing this one for more than one hour straight.
The best game I have played in my palm so far.
Old 11-11-2004, 09:41 AM   #4
Zire
Fanatic
Zire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshes

Device: Zire 71
It's real good and there are secrets for you to find from the beginning to the end. Even at the beginning of the game there is a map piece in the bushes right before you grab the fruit. Also there's a map piece in a lake after you get one of the pieces of key for the computer right after you encounter a crab in a mini maze. Great game.