Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 07-04-2015, 10:19 AM   #1
Calenorn
Brash Fumbler
Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: NST, Kobo Mini
Barnes & Noble Website

The 'refresh' of B&N's US website is just getting worse. Today I can't even log on to my account!

Is anyone else having that problem?
Calenorn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2015, 10:39 AM   #2
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T100TA,PW2,PRS-T1,KT,FireHD 8.9,K2, PB360,BeBook One,Axim51v,TC1000
Check this:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...postcount=1082

The roast is still ongoing.
fjtorres is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-04-2015, 10:47 AM   #3
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calenorn View Post
The 'refresh' of B&N's US website is just getting worse. Today I can't even log on to my account!

It's a complete cock-up, yes.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2015, 12:07 PM   #4
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T100TA,PW2,PRS-T1,KT,FireHD 8.9,K2, PB360,BeBook One,Axim51v,TC1000
Well, it's not as bad as HarperCollins.com.
That one is still the benchmark.
fjtorres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2015, 12:14 PM   #5
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calenorn View Post

Calenorn, when you click Sign In, does the screen just turn gray? I had that problem. If that's your problem, navigate away from the home page (click on a book or your shopping bag or whatever) and try again. Something on the home page is screwing with the little Log-In sub-window that is supposed to pop-up. I had the same problem on IE11, Microsoft Edge, Firefox and Vivaldi, so it isn't browser specific.

Logging in from the home page:

Logging in from the shopping bag:

The roast is deserved.
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-04-2015, 12:39 PM   #6
odamizu
just an egg
odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, iOS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZodWallop View Post
Calenorn, when you click Sign In, does the screen just turn gray? I had that problem. If that's your problem, navigate away from the home page (click on a book or your shopping bag or whatever) and try again. Something on the home page is screwing with the little Log-In sub-window that is supposed to pop-up. I had the same problem on IE11, Microsoft Edge, Firefox and Vivaldi, so it isn't browser specific.
I think it's more complicated than just a problem with the home page.

I can log-in from the home page using Safari for Mac, but I got the grey screen when trying with Firefox for Mac. However, when I tried again 5 minutes later, I was able to log-in from the home page with both browsers.

Bottom line: BN's new web site is not ready for prime time.
odamizu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2015, 12:51 PM   #7
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by odamizu View Post
Bottom line: BN's new web site is not ready for prime time.
Oh, I totally agree. I was just trying to find a work-around for you.
Old 07-04-2015, 03:17 PM   #8
Fbone
Is that a sandwich?
Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Glowlight Plus
I just purchased a free book and didn't have any difficulties. I added it to my "shopping bag" and then checked out. Then I ran Nook Study and added the book to Calibre.
Fbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2015, 03:40 PM   #9
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar

Yeah, I purchased a book last night and was able to Alf it, no problem. But the site is broken and some folks are having trouble logging in.
Old 07-04-2015, 06:42 PM   #10
Calenorn
Brash Fumbler
Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: NST, Kobo Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZodWallop View Post
Calenorn, when you click Sign In, does the screen just turn gray? I had that problem.
The roast is deserved.
Thanks, ZW. I did get in, eventually. Of course, once there my only potions were to delete or archive the books. **sighs**
Calenorn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2015, 07:44 PM   #11
murg
No Comment
murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: Not just an eReader, it's an adventure!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fbone View Post
I just purchased a free book and didn't have any difficulties. I added it to my "shopping bag" and then checked out. Then I ran Nook Study and added the book to Calibre.
It's nice to know that B&N is processing free books just fine.

Maybe they'll make up the loss in increased volume?
murg is offline   Reply With Quote