Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 06-28-2015, 08:32 AM   #1
Confringo
Confringo began at the beginning.

Device: Boyue T62
Boyue T62 screen partly stuck, any help?

I just found that my T62D (rooted) screen is not functioning correctly. There are two straps which are stuck with the wallpaper no matter where I am or how many times I do refresh. Some pictures:

Click image for larger version

Name:	20150628_175825[1].jpg
Views:	319
Size:	574.1 KB
ID:	139766

Name:	20150628_175940[1].jpg
Views:	285
Size:	615.9 KB
ID:	139767

Name:	20150628_175957[1].jpg
Views:	341
Size:	596.3 KB
ID:	139768

Can I do anything about it?
Confringo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2015, 08:41 AM   #2
aceflor
Wizard
aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Era, Pocketbook Inkpad 4, Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Scribe
Alas, I have seen similar pics in the past. IMO your display is broken. E-Ink displays are still very fragile, did you keep it in a cover ? Once the display is broken, part or whole of it does not refresh anymore and it gets stuck on the last image it was showing before breaking up. An e-ink display does not need much to break, it does not even need to fall on the floor, it can break just fron being carried around in a backpack, especially so if it is not in a protective cover.

The display needs to be replaced but it is so costly that you are better off getting a new e-reader. Guarantee usually does not cover broken displays.

Here for reference : https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=257377

Last edited by aceflor; 06-28-2015 at 08:53 AM.
aceflor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-28-2015, 10:16 AM   #3
Confringo
Confringo began at the beginning.

Device: Boyue T62
That is too bad. I might have slept with it beside me, which would explain the mishap. This was my first device so wasn't aware of its fragility.

This sounds like a stretch but just checking, do I specifically need a T62 replacement screen or would any 6'' screen would do? And perhaps I should shoot them a mail, but do you know details about availability/cost of the screen?
Confringo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2015, 11:48 AM   #4
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Yes, I'm afraid this is a classic picture of a cracked screen substrate. Sorry.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2015, 06:47 PM   #5
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Yes, I'm afraid this is a classic picture of a cracked screen substrate. Sorry.
Agreed. This is a sign of physical damage
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-30-2015, 03:35 PM   #6
Catire
Lord of the Universe
Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-505 / PSP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Confringo View Post
That is too bad. I might have slept with it beside me, which would explain the mishap. This was my first device so wasn't aware of its fragility.

This sounds like a stretch but just checking, do I specifically need a T62 replacement screen or would any 6'' screen would do? And perhaps I should shoot them a mail, but do you know details about availability/cost of the screen?

From my, admittedly little experience, the screen prices are high enough so that its more cost effective to just get a new reader.
Catire is offline   Reply With Quote