Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 06-16-2015, 01:19 PM   #1
troll05
Harmless idiot
troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB622, Nexus7, Sony PRS 350, Tolino und nur noch wenig toter Baum:(
Calibre "Tags" copy to "shelves"

Hello,

most of my library (~ 2000 books) is sorted by "tags" and "series" because that was a very convenient way to organize my Library on my Pocketbook readers. Since I got a Kobo Aura last week I created a collumn "My Shelves" like explained here .
Now I'd like to have all my "tag" informations copied to "My Shelves". Is there a shortcut how to do this with a plugin or using the metadata-editor or do I have to do it one after another?

Regards, Andreas
troll05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2015, 02:38 PM   #2
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by troll05 View Post
Hello,

most of my library (~ 2000 books) is sorted by "tags" and "series" because that was a very convenient way to organize my Library on my Pocketbook readers. Since I got a Kobo Aura last week I created a collumn "My Shelves" like explained here .
Now I'd like to have all my "tag" informations copied to "My Shelves". Is there a shortcut how to do this with a plugin or using the metadata-editor or do I have to do it one after another?

Regards, Andreas
Why do you need to copy the tags data to myshelves? If you want to create Kobo Shelves from your existing tags data, just configure your KOBOTOUCH driver to use tags (or series, tags, ..., ... if you want to create Shelves for multiple columns).
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-16-2015, 03:08 PM   #3
troll05
Harmless idiot
troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

You have a short explanation what to do where? Preferrably for dummies
Old 06-16-2015, 03:12 PM   #4
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Have a look here, it should help...

https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/Kobo...nd_Collections
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=193184
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2015, 03:15 PM   #5
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Preferences - Change calibre behaviour - Plugins (bottom-left) - Device Interface plugins - KoboTouch (or possibly KoboTouchExtended if you have that installed) - Customize plugin. Then see attached pic.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	KoboTouch.jpg
Views:	634
Size:	89.4 KB
ID:	139360  
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-21-2015, 05:01 AM   #6
troll05
Harmless idiot

That was exactly what I was looking for, THX