Notices

Old 06-02-2015, 09:40 PM   #1
dcpyke
dcpyke began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Kobo web browser and Calibre

Hi

Have Kobo Glo HD frim 3.15
I download from my Cailbre collection through the browser and I have a small issue

When I download the book, once it finished it will ask if I want to open or close or x out the pop up box

if I try to close or x out I am always kicked out of the browser, this means I keep have to go back in if I want more than one book

I was wondering if anyone had a similar issue and found a resolution

it might be firmware because my old kobo touch did the same when it updated itself

It"s strange, I thought the issue had been fixed on the glo because the very first time I started downloading it was fine but every other time now it does the same thing.

thanks
dcpyke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2015, 02:28 AM   #2
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
I don't remember seeing this with any firmware version. I don't remember if I have done this with 3.15.0, but I have definitely downloaded multiple books in a browser session on one of my Kobo ereaders earlier this year. But, I will check it tonight when I get at home.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-06-2015, 04:17 PM   #3
dcpyke

Thanks - I did a little bit more testing - I was able to download fine with another website so it seems the issue is just with calibre content server. Updating software didn't help but I'll try a clean install and see if that fixes the problem.
Old 06-07-2015, 07:25 AM   #4
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
That's still strange as my tests were with the calibre content server. Hopefully the clean install will fix it.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2015, 09:22 PM   #5
dcpyke

Re-installing calibre did not help however I decided to try a factory reset and it's started working again

Looks like it was the kobo after all - so far gone in and out of browser and still allows me to multi download.

Not sure if it had something to do with the fact I set it as the home page but Ill post if I'm ever able to duplicate the issue.

I finally found out what the problem was

Turns out it had nothing to do with the Kobo or Calibre but my desktop network card

It was a bandwidth issue, the upload speed was almost non-existent even though it was on LAN.

Switched Ethernet cards and had no problems.

Last edited by dcpyke; 11-11-2015 at 07:56 PM. Reason: solution
Advert