Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 04-02-2015, 08:02 PM   #1
original-occam
original-occam began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
Pocket Update Error

I am setting up my brand new Aura H2O - beautiful!!
BUT when trying to connect to Pocket I fail, with a message about "..Pocket Update Error preventing Pocket from being updated right now. Please try again later." (That does not help.) Pocket is the only item that just does not work.
My wife tried to connect to her Pocket account on her Kobo Aura HD - she failed, too. She has been using her Aura HD for over a year.
I have had no problems with my old Kobo Touch.

The firmware is 3.12.1, dated 1/29/15

Any advice on what I should try next?
original-occam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 09:30 PM   #2
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
An error message like that I would usually think was a server problem. And that it is happening to a second person at the same time, makes that more likely. But, I have just synced my Aura H2O with no problems. And I signed in on my Glo and it appears to be syncing. Slowly, but that's probably my end.

I suspect waiting and trying later will fix it. Restart the device can solve some problems. And opening the browser and visiting a site can make sure that the network is working properly.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
pocket, update error