Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Tablets

Notices

Old 03-20-2015, 02:58 PM   #1
Wicked
Wicked can differentiate black from dark navy blueWicked can differentiate black from dark navy blueWicked can differentiate black from dark navy blueWicked can differentiate black from dark navy blueWicked can differentiate black from dark navy blueWicked can differentiate black from dark navy blueWicked can differentiate black from dark navy blueWicked can differentiate black from dark navy blueWicked can differentiate black from dark navy blueWicked can differentiate black from dark navy blueWicked can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Kobo glo
KOBO ARC 10 HD WI-FI 16GB K110-KU-BK-K-NA16 Nvidia® 16 GB 2048 MB Android 10.1 -inch

I have a kobo glo and like that I can transfer books to this reader, I do not have wifi. But I am curious if the tablet allows you to add books in the same manner. Is this tablet strictly getting books on it via wi-fi download?

Last edited by Wicked; 03-20-2015 at 08:17 PM.
Wicked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2015, 02:57 PM   #2
nmss
nmss can differentiate black from dark navy bluenmss can differentiate black from dark navy bluenmss can differentiate black from dark navy bluenmss can differentiate black from dark navy bluenmss can differentiate black from dark navy bluenmss can differentiate black from dark navy bluenmss can differentiate black from dark navy bluenmss can differentiate black from dark navy bluenmss can differentiate black from dark navy bluenmss can differentiate black from dark navy bluenmss can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Kobo Arc, Kindle Paperwhite
You can sideload the books.

But you really should get wifi. Otherwise a lot of the tablet-appeal is lost.
nmss is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-15-2015, 07:16 PM   #3
teija
Gadget fiend
teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, Aura HD, Kindle Paperwhite 2021, Sony PRS-350
On most, you can side-load. You will just need to make sure you have one of the Reader programs (Kobo, Moon Reader, etc).

IMO if you buy a tablet, you'll find it easier to download apps, etc over wifi. In fact, I don't even know how to get apps any other way on mine.
teija is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2015, 03:30 AM   #4
burnafterreading
Groupie
burnafterreading ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.burnafterreading ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.burnafterreading ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.burnafterreading ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.burnafterreading ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.burnafterreading ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.burnafterreading ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.burnafterreading ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.burnafterreading ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.burnafterreading ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.burnafterreading ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo, Arc7HD/10HD, smartphones
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicked View Post
I have a kobo glo and like that I can transfer books to this reader, I do not have wifi. But I am curious if the tablet allows you to add books in the same manner. Is this tablet strictly getting books on it via wi-fi download?
it behaves like every other tablet, except that it's usually priced lower and the default "skin" is suited for the Kobo app. i actually quite like it, since i use mine 90% for reading books (the 10HD and 7HD), and no more than 10% for tablet use.

you can sideload books, i think. since i have wifi at home i think i only tried to do stuff using USB once. you don't need special software for it - the built in Kobo reader will handle them just fine as long as they are plain ePub files. if you have a Glo and will keep the Glo, then getting wifi would be very helpful since you can synch your reading position between the two devices - start reading on the Glo and finish reading on the Arc 10HD.
burnafterreading is offline   Reply With Quote