Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 03-03-2015, 05:49 PM   #1
quanom
quanom can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterquanom can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterquanom can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterquanom can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterquanom can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterquanom can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterquanom can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterquanom can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterquanom can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterquanom can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterquanom can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Paperwhite 2nd Gen
How To Debrick PW2

Hi everyone,

I've searched the forum for hours and the only one who came up with a solution is san3 but I have couple of questions about it because I haven't used Linux before. I couldn't understand the steps he mentioned.

Assume that I am the ultimate noobie; here it goes:
  • Serial connection to the paperwhite using rs232to usb converter (type PL2303)
    Baud Rate 115000

How do you do it? Can you tell me step by step? Is there a guide somewhere?

You mean this converter:
    http://mcdn01.gittigidiyor.net/14848...g?_=1425333229

Or should I use serial port at the back of PC chassis:

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/i...jT8ksLA8vmVTLb

• Interrupt startup and enter uboot

How do you do that in Linux?
  • uboot > "printenv"
    [...]
    bootcmd=bootm 0x41000
    bootcmd_diags=run bootargs_diags ; bootm 0xE41000

I suppose, when in uboot, I should write to command line "printenv" without quotes. Then I should note result values for the next step.
  • Boot into diags partition with:
    "bist"
    "run bootargs_diags ; bootm 0xE41000"

Then I should execute these commands based on values I got before.
  • Select USB mode, copy mmcblk0p1 bin image to kindle
    Quit menu Exit to login prompt, login as root

"dd if=/mnt/us/mmcblk0p1.bin of=/dev/mmcblk0p1 bs=4K"

Can you explain step by step? For instance, how do you login as root?
  • reboot
    remove all the logs:
    "rm -f /var/local/upstart/lab126_gui.restarts
    rm -f /var/run/upstart/lab126_gui.restarts
    rm -f /var/local/upstart/x.restarts
    rm -f /var/run/upstart/x.restarts
    rm -f /var/local/upstart/mesquite.restarts
    rm -f /var/run/upstart/mesquite.restarts"

Should I reboot with a specific command? Do you mean reboot the computer? If you did mean the computer, should I run these log remove commands in uboot mode?

Well, I warned you about my ultimateness of my noobie skillz. Will you help me fellas?

Thanks.
quanom is offline   Reply With Quote