Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 02-01-2015, 02:56 PM   #1
Styx
Styx began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Keyboard 3G
Soft hyphens on Windows

Hi,

I have problem with epub files with soft hyphens (0xAD). All files from http://wolnelektury.pl/ (where are public domain ebooks) have soft hyphens. E-book viewer display its as space. It looks like in this screenshot: https://github.com/styxiak/bugs/blob...re/hyphens.png

It das not depend on "Hyphenate" setting.
Styx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2015, 06:37 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Im guessing you are using a version of Qt built from source? Because calibre's bundled Qt comes with a patch for that bug.

https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QTBUG-40912
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-08-2015, 10:34 AM   #3
Styx

Hi,
Sorry for late answer but I have HDD crash. I use Calibre installer from web. I always intall new version on older. But now I have new system and new install of calibre - it dosen't help. I still have this issue.
Old 02-08-2015, 11:29 AM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Looks fine on my windows machine
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	200
Size:	69.5 KB
ID:	134617  
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2015, 04:26 AM   #5
Styx

I notice today that 64bit version is available. Main was 32. After reinstallation to 64 everything looks ok.
Advert