Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 01-25-2015, 04:56 AM   #1
evilaro
evilaro began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Limit on the size of the files in Kindle?

Hi:

I have been converting files using calibre from .docx
to .mobi without any problem (the size file is about 1 to 3MB)

I have a new document with a lot of images, the total is 19MB.

When looking at it in my Kindle, I only see a White page
and it blocks my Kindle until I erase the file.

What Am I doing wrong?

Is there a limit on the size of the files.

Thanks

Emilio
evilaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2015, 06:14 PM   #2
Barbara1955
Non-Techy
Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Cell Phone & Amazon Fires & Kobo eReaders
If you run out of space then yes. I put huge books on mine 25.0 mb so it holds a lot less in the est they give for the amount of ebooks. I suggest you remove the smaller books[files] then load the huge file.
Barbara1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-25-2015, 08:00 PM   #3
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
What does the file look like when you try to read it with calibre's builtin viewer?

@Katie1 -- is there any compelling reason to think that being able to store fewer books at one time would result in the side effect of those books displaying no content?

eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2015, 08:43 PM   #4
jgaiser
Omnivorous
jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle Fire HD, Kindle 3, KPW1
The largest book I've got *that loads* is The Complete Works of Anthony Trollope from Delphi. Just short of 32MB. So you've got something else going on.
jgaiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2015, 05:47 AM   #5
evilaro

Katie:
Yes... I changed the calibre version and
the problem is gone...
hat means it is not a limit probles which I really apreciate.

Thanks

Emilio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie1 View Post
If you run out of space then yes. I put huge books on mine 25.0 mb so it holds a lot less in the est they give for the amount of ebooks. I suggest you remove the smaller books[files] then load the huge file.
Advert
Old 01-26-2015, 05:49 AM   #6
evilaro

eschwartz:

Thanks...
as I answered to Katie...

The problem is gone when I changed the calibre
version.

It is good to know it is not a size problem.

Emilio

Quote:
Originally Posted by eschwartz View Post
What does the file look like when you try to read it with calibre's builtin viewer?

@Katie1 -- is there any compelling reason to think that being able to store fewer books at one time would result in the side effect of those books displaying no content?

Old 01-26-2015, 05:51 AM   #7
evilaro

jgaiser:

Thanks...

Yo are correct, the problem was gone
when I changed the calibre version.

Now I can read the 20 mb file.

Thanks for your help.

Emilio

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgaiser View Post
The largest book I've got *that loads* is The Complete Works of Anthony Trollope from Delphi. Just short of 32MB. So you've got something else going on.
Old 01-26-2015, 10:53 AM   #8
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Ah, so it was a conversion problem.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote